Hi All, Hopefully someone here has run across this problem before and has a fix. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

member.accts no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Outllook Personal Folders and Reconciliation Problems

Advertisement

Hi All,

Hopefully someone here has run across this problem before and has a fix.

I have a BB 8310, and my company is running BES. I use Outlook on my PC for email, and I am having a particular reconciliation issue when moving emails using Outlook.

The short description is this: When I move an email in my Outlook inbox to a Personal Folder (PST file), the email DOES NOT disappear from the Inbox on my Blackberry.

It is my assumption that the Blackberry inbox should remain synchronized with the Exchange server inbox, and emails I move from the inbox to local folders in Outlook will disappear from my Blackberry inbox, as well. However, I am prepared for the possibility that I am making a bad assumption.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks!
    Jason

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: Outllook Personal Folders and Reconciliation Problems

I don't know if this will help since i only know a little about the BES but this is what i found from RIM

Filing messages

When a message is filed on the desktop, the move is synchronized wirelessly to the handheld. Conversely, messages that are filed on the handheld are synchronized wirelessly with the desktop.
    Note: If a message is filed in two different folder locations on both the desktop and the handheld, conflict resolution determines the location of the message.

To set conflict resolution on the handheld:
    1. On the handheld, click Messages. The Messages screen appears.
    2. Click the trackwheel and select Options from the Handheld menu. The Message List Options screen appears.
    3. Set the Conflicts field to either Desktop Wins or Handheld Wins.

Hope it helps.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/searc...200%2041672180

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

This is a known situation and is just the way the system works. The BES reconciliation does not recognize moves from the inbox out of exchange server. It just doesn't recognize that the email is no longer on the server. It doesn't know what has been done with it so it just doesn't do anything on the BB. This is the same situation if an email is moved to the trash/Deleted folder and flushed before the reconciliation takes place.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

tomvb2000 no está en línea Stack level 3

I guess I understand the logic as that's probably the most conservative thing to do when BES isn't sure what happened to the email. It's too bad that device wireless reconciliation options don't control it because the default behavior isn't not intuitive to me. 'Course my history has been with Good Mobile Messaging with took a different approach and *did* see the mail moved out of the server folder.

It's something I'll eventually get used to (like everyone else).
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)-->Tour (9630)

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Are you saying good mobile messaging reconciled with your personal files on a PC? Or just when the file disappeared from the inbox? Did you PC have to be connected at all times.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

No, it just kept the inbox in sync with the server folder. If I moved an email from a server folder to a personal folder on the PC, it disappeared from the device. Unlike BB, the device also showed email in the server's Deleted Items folder (although they were the first to be removed to reclaim device memory needed). Other than those differences, it worked just like BES and accessed the backoffice IT Exchange servers (i.e. no always-on PC redirection).
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)-->Tour (9630)

Similar thread in another forum highlighted there is another option for this situation. It may/may not be attractive depending on your preferences/sync habits.

Using the Blackberry Desktop Manager Synchronize app and your device tethered to your PC, you can tell it to sync changes (Reconcile messages option is checked) to one Personal Folders file (Synchronize->Configuration tab->Configure reconciliation panel). The first time you do this, the Personal Folders folder hierarchy is sent to the device (just the folders, not the messages in them). From then on, you can use the device File->(select folder) to move things from the message view into one of these Personal Folders subfolders. Next time you sync with the Desktop Manager, any mail in those folders is moved to the appropriate subfolder in your Personal Folders file.

Since it involves a cable sync with the Desktop manager, it's nowhere near as convenient as an OTA sync, but thought I'd point it out for anyone that might be interested.

StigR no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi,

I got the the opposit problem. My mails are disepairing after i had to wipe my BB. So there should be a solution for both of us. I move all my incoming mail to my privat folder (Mail box size restriction, and i do not have to delete any mail). After the wipe i get the mail but as soon i syncronize the mail with the BB they disepair from the BB

Any advice?

aharol no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Possible Solution

How about this as a solution to the original problem?

>> Create a folder called "To Be Filed" in your server mailbox.
    >> If there are messages that you want to file then first move them to this folder.
    >> Wait for a few hours (till the next wireless synch happens)
    >> Move the messages from the "To Be Filed" folder to your relevant personal folder.

The downsides are:
    1. It's a 2 step process instead of a single step filing.
    2. You need to wait for the synch to happen before moving the messages to a personal folder. You may forget.

Upside:
    You get a clean BB inbox.

I'm going to try this!

That should work just fine. I think the default sync time is every 15 minutes, so you don't have to wait too long. You can always do Reconcile Now as well.