I have several email accounts on my phone, but I can only send out email ... BlackBerry Curve forum

th577 no está en línea Stack level 3

Outgoing email address

Advertisement

I have several email accounts on my phone, but I can only send out email using one address. Is it possible to have each account send the email out using that specific address without changing it every time? In other words I have accounts 1,2,3,4 but regardless of which account I use the receiver "sees" only the address for account #1. Under Email settings, message services I list one email address. That address shows up regardless of which account I'm sending it from. I would like account 1 showing account 1 and 2 showing 2 ect. Without manually changing it every time.
    That way when I get a reply it goes to the proper email account.
    Last edited by th577; 11-19-2008 at 11:34 AM.

Safiy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    Thats weird, i also have multiple accounts. My BB shows a different folder/icon for each. I just click the icon for the account i want to use and send the email as usual. As far as i know the recipient sees the address from the account it was sent from. Are you sending from the messages folder?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Yes, do you have all your e-mails coming into the main Messages folder, th, or do you keep each address separate as Safiy and I do? I know people do it both ways, but I prefer the separation for the reasons you describe above.

Under Options>Email Settings>Message Services, you will always only see one e-mail listed there, but you are able to change the e-mail address to look at settings for each account.

Anyway, sounds like you have all your individual e-mail address folders hidden and only the main Messages folder showing on your home screen. Hide the main one, show the individual ones and your problem is solved.
    Last edited by RogerG; 11-19-2008 at 11:54 AM.

th577 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have 4 differant icons, one for each account. When I send from any of them, the reply address is always from account #1.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    th, go into your BIS account and see what the "reply to" e-mail address is for each account.

Also, the Email account name in BIS is what should be used when sending an e-mail from within any of your e-mail account folders on the device.
    Last edited by RogerG; 11-19-2008 at 02:08 PM.