i was using my phone all day emails calls and texts and have been ever ... BlackBerry Curve forum

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me

out of no where battery dying.

Advertisement

i was using my phone all day emails calls and texts and have been ever since i got it. ats what its for lol.
    for some reason the last few days. from 7 in the morning till 5 or 6 at night im in heavy use. im at about 20% when i get home. then i fully charge it. and take it off before i go to sleep. when i wake up. with no use at all because im sleeping. phones also on silent. i wake up and im at 35-40% no apps are running. no nothing. then phones just sitting there. very weird. could the battery be shot after 2 months?

superdad no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Re: out of no where battery dying.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I don't see how that could happen. But I remember reading about a pearl user hving the same problems. lemme try and dig that out for you.I think your phone is losing signals in the night.just try switching radio off tonight and see if it makes a difference

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

Nicky... there is something new about your avatar, is there not????

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

PIN/ID
    ask me

yes its my beach.

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

LOL... whoa - for a second StaceyRVC's avatar was coming up with your posts... I thought a new connection had been made - WILD

Now I see your beach, but it was definitely Stacey b4... wish I'd taken a screenshot of it... Darn

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

nyydynasty no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by NICKY88XX
    i was using my phone all day emails calls and texts and have been ever since i got it. ats what its for lol.
    for some reason the last few days. from 7 in the morning till 5 or 6 at night im in heavy use. im at about 20% when i get home. then i fully charge it. and take it off before i go to sleep. when i wake up. with no use at all because im sleeping. phones also on silent. i wake up and im at 35-40% no apps are running. no nothing. then phones just sitting there. very weird. could the battery be shot after 2 months?
    its possible that your battery is shot. Not sure if you have a friend with a similar battery that you can simply swap out and test it for a day. If it happens again, then it might be your charger (or something running in the phone's background).

the other thing you can try is to turn the phone off and let it charge. I know that the pearl has that nifty "auto on/off" feature. Turn it off before you go to bed and turn it back on when you wake up. See if it charges fully while the phone is actually off all night.

hope that helps.
    www.iamletired.com
    ...come one, come all....

PIN/ID
    ask me

Quote Originally Posted by jscottbarnes
    LOL... whoa - for a second StaceyRVC's avatar was coming up with your posts... I thought a new connection had been made - WILD

Now I see your beach, but it was definitely Stacey b4... wish I'd taken a screenshot of it... Darn
    i dunnnno what your tallllking about lolol

PIN/ID
    ask me

thank you dynasty. and super dad.. i clicked your green plus signs for your help. im going to try both things out if not im just going to get a new battery.

Naylor07 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241ECE99

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~what is your arcice like at your house? If it has to search and reconnect it can run your battery down

PIN/ID
    ask me

i always have a full signal in my house. never had an issue with signal in my house