I've done several upgrades through the DM this was the first OTA that I've done. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

wheelz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask4pin

OTA upgrade on 8330

Advertisement

I've done several upgrades through the DM this was the first OTA that I've done. I believe it is the first OTA for 8330. OS 4.5.0.175 is a better improvement over the 4.5.0.169. There is less memory loss with .175. The .169 I was pulling my battery at least 2 times a week. The .175 only about once a week and if I watch and close programs (like I'm supposed to) less than that. I don't like that 175 will not allow me to play utube videos. I don't watch utube that much but I like having the option to do so. I'll probably down grade to 138 so I can have video option.

YOUTUBE is now working
    Last edited by wheelz; 01-30-2010 at 04:48 AM.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    OTA OS update? Really? Not hooked up at all?
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

wheelz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask4pin
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    OTA OS update? Really? Not hooked up at all?
    No not hooked up at all. I did have to have my phone hooked up to my charger to maintain battery strength. Infact the OTA upgrade asked me to plug my phone into my charger before it would start. I started it about 11:00 before I went to bed and it finished up sometime before 2:00. If I remember right part of the instructions said it would take about 2 hours depending on your signal strength.