i went to at&t and downloaded v4.2.2.312,,however my phone still shows v4.2.2.170 and afterwords also ... BlackBerry Curve forum

iamgoofy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    210ca18d

Question os v4.2.2.312 HELP

Advertisement

i went to at&t and downloaded v4.2.2.312,,however my phone still shows v4.2.2.170 and afterwords also my bb/maps was no where to be found! so i re downloaded bb/maps!,,reinstalled aok! so i then went back to at&t and re downloaded v4.2.2.312 and again no bb/maps! and my phone still showing v4.2.2.170 and yes i did the battery/pull as well,,lol,,,,any ideas on what be the problem? thanks

cjeezy no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: os v4.2.2.312 HELP

Here is a previous post from Reddog. Make sure you have done this or BB Maps will dissappear when you sync up your device.

reddog187
    Support Pro

Device Details: 8310
    Dec 2006/7,553 posts
    Trust Level:

Re: BB Maps on 8310

AT&T hides the icon. They want you to use the Subscription service Telenav.
    Also these carriers hide it. Vodafone Germany (124), Vodafone Austria (137) and all Orange properties, including Amena (Orange Spain - 175).

Here's how to get it back.

Follow this path
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8310-v4.2.2.176_P2.5.0.34
    Find the LBS.alx (make a copy of it and leave it there)
    Open it up the orginal
    Type CTRL+F and search for this net_rim_bb_lbs_ribbon.cod

You should see this right above what you just searched for.
    <fileset SystemSize="normal" Colour="True" Java="1.0" _vendorID="~102|124|137|119|162|142|183|147|217|175" series="~8800">

Just delete the 102| that I have highlighted in red above.
    Save the file.

Now connect up your BB and the Launch the Application Loader and make sure it's checked and load it up. IF that doesn't work just use the OTA download on the www.mobile.blackberry.com site to install it.

That should get it back for you.

PIN/ID
    210ca18d

Thumbs up Re: os v4.2.2.312 HELP

i did the ota! thanks! twice* works aok each time i do the ota! however the same issue for the os/update is still at hand!
    Quote Originally Posted by cjeezy View Post
    Here is a previous post from Reddog. Make sure you have done this or BB Maps will dissappear when you sync up your device.

reddog187
    Support Pro

Device Details: 8310
    Dec 2006/7,553 posts
    Trust Level:

Re: BB Maps on 8310

AT&T hides the icon. They want you to use the Subscription service Telenav.
    Also these carriers hide it. Vodafone Germany (124), Vodafone Austria (137) and all Orange properties, including Amena (Orange Spain - 175).

Here's how to get it back.

Follow this path
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8310-v4.2.2.176_P2.5.0.34
    Find the LBS.alx (make a copy of it and leave it there)
    Open it up the orginal
    Type CTRL+F and search for this net_rim_bb_lbs_ribbon.cod

You should see this right above what you just searched for.
    <fileset SystemSize="normal" Colour="True" Java="1.0" _vendorID="~102|124|137|119|162|142|183|147|217|175" series="~8800">

Just delete the 102| that I have highlighted in red above.
    Save the file.

Now connect up your BB and the Launch the Application Loader and make sure it's checked and load it up. IF that doesn't work just use the OTA download on the www.mobile.blackberry.com site to install it.

That should get it back for you.

cjeezy no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by iamgoofy View Post
    i did the ota! thanks! twice* works aok each time i do the ota! however the same issue for the os/update is still at hand!
    Yes the OTA will work each time you download it, but if you dont remove the "~102" then each time you sinc up your blackberry the maps icon will dissappear. As far as the OS. I'm not too sure about that one. I downloaded the most current ATT version and mine still shows the .170 also.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by cjeezy View Post
    Yes the OTA will work each time you download it, but if you dont remove the "~102" then each time you sinc up your blackberry the maps icon will dissappear. As far as the OS. I'm not too sure about that one. I downloaded the most current ATT version and mine still shows the .170 also.
    Cjeezy....that is the latest OS from AT&T.

i went to at&t and downloaded v4.2.2.312,,however my phone still shows v4.2.2.170 and afterwords also my bb/maps was no where to be found! so i re downloaded bb/maps!,,reinstalled aok! so i then went back to at&t and re downloaded v4.2.2.312 and again no bb/maps! and my phone still showing v4.2.2.170 and yes i did the battery/pull as well,,lol,,,,any ideas on what be the problem? thanks
    Ok here is how to read the different Handheld Softwares.

AT&T
    v4.2.2.312 (Multilanguage) - Applications: 4.2.2.170; Platform: 2.5.0.30; Size: 78.56mb

Purple = Package Version
    Red = OS Version(app version)
    Orange = Platform Version

When speaking of the OS use the RED...the other two are completely useless when talking about your Version.

So Iamgoofy you installed the OS and you have the .170 version which in turn is the Package version .312

And to keep the BB maps icon just follow the previous posts, and it shouldn't uninstall it the next time you use the app loader.

Good luck

PIN/ID
    210ca18d
    Thanks very very much!so I take it there is not a newer update for at&t curve 8310 yet then?
    Quote Originally Posted by reddog187 View Post
    Cjeezy....that is the latest OS from AT&T.

Good luck

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

Bummer---I thought that OS was a new update for the normal curve....bummer
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

PIN/ID
    210ca18d
    Ditto!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    Bummer---I thought that OS was a new update for the normal curve....bummer

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Thanks very very much!so I take it there is not a newer update for at&t curve 8310 yet then?
    no, there is you can use the singapore OS, just delete the vendor file.

Directions here