Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

hi I'm Dale, i'm new to this site i'm wondering if i can i find ... BlackBerry Curve forum

dale300j no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile OS SYSTEM FOR BB 8320

Advertisement

hi I'm Dale, i'm new to this site i'm wondering if i can i find an os system for my bb 8320 phone it freezes so much now, so i wanna reinstall and more stable os system, i think the version on my phone now is 4.5 is there a more stable one out there i can find free

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    You'll find the latest OS's for your device here.

Perhaps if you can describe in more detail what exactly is happening with your device, we may be able to help you in other ways as well.

iT'S FREEZING THE HELL OUT SINCE I MADE THIS POST I UPGRADED IT TO 4.5.0.182(306), BUT IT SEEMS TO BE FREEZING EVEN MORE I'M JUST LOOKING A STABLE OS SYSTEM REALLY I HAVE TO KEEP ON HARD RESETTING THE PHONE EVRY USE.

Have you done the upgrades with a media card in the device?

If not, have you tried replacing the battery?

No i made sure to have the media card out when i was doing the upgrade, as we speak now though i'm doing a down grade to 45 .X.X.X(110) just hope i have enough battery life

How'd the downgrade go? If it's not the media card issue, I'd suggest you try a new battery in the device.

Well it seems more stable to be honest it freezes though when i open like msn messenger but not for long but it still freezes, i was really hoping the had an OS system upgrade WHICH was more stable, but for the moment i now have on 4.5.0.110(152) PLATFORM 2.7.0.90

I have two new batteries for the phone also

Give the new battery a try.

If that doesn't work, then maybe it's time to upgrade to a shiny new 9700!

I was typing as you posted that message about the batteries.

What's your free space look like? Options>Status>File Free.

ok just checked file free says 1736688 bytes

If that's correct, then you are seriously low on free space. Anything below 10mb (you are under 2mb) can start causing problems.

I'd suggest deleting any apps you don't use, music, pictures, e-mails, texts......whatever you can find to remove to free up some space.

There's a thread in the Technical Support Blog link in my signature that describes how to free up space.

Once you've cleaned up a bit, do a battery pull and see where you are .

ok i'll go do that right now then , does it perform better if i install a 2 gig media card and do you know the maximum media size it can handle

i'm also wondering if there is an app i could use then install the OS system from start i fix computers so i'm thinking along those lines like formatting a harddrive and doing a fresh install

You can certainly move stuff like pictures, ringtones and music to the media card. With the 4.5 OS your device is capable of utilizing a 16gb card.

There's another thread in my signature link that has the download and instructions for using jl_cmndr, which you would use to do just what you describe. Wipe your device clean, including the OS and start from scratch.

You will want to have a backup of your data files and 3rd party apps. Unfortunately you can't back up 3rd party apps with the conventional Desktop Manager application, but there are ways around that.

There's an application called BBSAK (BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife) from RIM Geeks which makes wiping your device, backing up and restoring 3rd party apps pretty easy. I personally have NOT had much success restoring 3rd party apps via this utility, but it will definitely make the backup you need to restore them through the Application Loader along with your regular data backup.

Personally, I would choose BBSAK over jl_cmndr for its simplicity. Once you've done your backups (data through DM, 3rd party apps through BBSAK), you'll then wipe your device with BBSAK and then also use it to reload the OS along with the 3rd party apps.

Go ahead and get that stuff downloaded and we'll take it from there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast