I have tried 4.5...52 on my TMO Curve 8320 and while I like the additions, ... BlackBerry Curve forum

terrapin no está en línea Stack Pro

Question OS Suggestion/Help...

Advertisement

I have tried 4.5...52 on my TMO Curve 8320 and while I like the additions, too many of my installed apps had glitches - So I'm back to what came on the handset, the 4.2...180 Is there anything else I can try? The reason? My Wi-Fi, although it says its conected (green check box in the services status window) really never connects...I thught that maybe a later 4.2 or 4.3 would help while retaining the integrity of my apps. Any ideas and, if so, where could I find these later but no "latest" os releases?

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by terrapin View Post
    I have tried 4.5...52 on my TMO Curve 8320 and while I like the additions, too many of my installed apps had glitches - So I'm back to what came on the handset, the 4.2...180 Is there anything else I can try? The reason? My Wi-Fi, although it says its conected (green check box in the services status window) really never connects...I thught that maybe a later 4.2 or 4.3 would help while retaining the integrity of my apps. Any ideas and, if so, where could I find these later but no "latest" os releases?
    So far as I know you'll have to make the leap from 4.2. to 4.5 when you're ready. There isn't an inbetween OS for the 8320 that I'm aware of. Maybe soon a later 4.5 release will solve your problem. I waited a loooonng time to convert - I'm 8320 on 4.5.0.52 and I've just scrapped the aps that didn't work. Also some of them work but differently. Keep the faith - new versions are coming fairly fast now.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

terrapin no está en línea Stack Pro
    thanks - switching OS's is so simple that maybe I will try 4.5 again and see if wi-fi works better...

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by terrapin View Post
    thanks - switching OS's is so simple that maybe I will try 4.5 again and see if wi-fi works better...
    I don't know if your wi-fi will work any better but it won't hurt it. I use wi-fi all the time and it's good most of the time and intermittent at others. I have a lot of dropped calls but internet browsing is great. I'm in Arkansas and T-Mobile is not a "giant" here in terms of coverage - real spotty.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com