I have an 8900 and I recently upgraded to OS 5.0 only to find that ... BlackBerry Curve forum

BarracudaBob no está en línea Stack level 1

Question OS 5.0 Profiles Question

Advertisement

I have an 8900 and I recently upgraded to OS 5.0 only to find that I have less control over the Profiles than I used to with OS 4.6. I used to be able to specify different setting for in/out of holster so it would be louder in the holster but not be blasting when it wasn't. It doesn't seem that you can specify different settings for in/out of holster now. I can only specify in holster, out of holster, or always when setting up ringtones. Does any one know if (or how) to set different volumes for when it is in/out of holster?

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5
    You can add a custom profile with the parameters that you desire.

9of13 no está en línea Theme Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    inbetween the rintone selection and the in holster/out of holster/always selection is where you can set the volume
    For my theme blog, remember....
    Resistance Is Futile

BarracudaBob no está en línea Stack level 1
    I guess I didn't make myself clear so I'll describe the difference between the v4.6 and v5.0 profiles. In v4.6 I was able to set different vibration and ringtones for in holster and out of holster. This meant I could set it to play a different volume or even song depending on where my Blackberry was. In v5.0, You can only specify one ringtone and volume but can specify if it plays in holster, out of holster, or both. That is not nearly as much control as we had in the older OS. I really hope RIM brings back the old setup for profiles in this regard. Or have I somehow missed something?