Hello fellow Stackers, Does anyone have 5.0 installed on their TMobile 8900? If so, where ... BlackBerry Curve forum

rainydayz no está en línea Stack level 3

Question OS 5.0 for T-Mobile?

Advertisement

Hello fellow Stackers,

Does anyone have 5.0 installed on their TMobile 8900? If so, where did you get the link? I looked in the official OS thread, but the latest one TMo has is 4.6 and I have that one. Did you use another carrier download and if so, which one and are there any special steps I need to follow in order to do it? Thanks in advance.
    It is whatever I say it is...

alryder no está en línea Stack level 3
    You can use any vendors release on your 8900 or one of the betas that are probably listed in this thread. The instructions in this thread will help you install your new OS.
    Good luck and post back if you have more questions or this doesn't help.

fatboy97 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Before I picked up the 9700 I was running the latest OS 5.0 version on my 8900... worked great... just do the following:

1. Backup your device with DM.
    2. Remove ANY other Blackberry OS version from your PC using Add/Remove Programs.
    3. Download and install the new Blackberry OS of your choice.
    4. Delete the Vendor.xml file from "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader" folder.
    5. Start the upgrade process by starting the Loader.exe file in the same location as the Vendor.xml file.

Don't unplug your device until it's done... it might take 30-45 minutes.

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Though the thread is a week old, if anyone stumbles across it, I wanna point out that T-Mo will NOT be releasing a 5.0 OS for this device as they've already discontinued it from their lineup. You will have to use one from another vendor, following the directions in my signature, or those FatBoy97 posted.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

tinynat425 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    21A0CBFA
    Idk if this is ay help but 5.0 was released for other companies except for t-mobile but u can download them. Frm the other vendors but if I'm not mistaken u have to delete the vendor file

RoboticGolem no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ab431b
    Save your old vendor file, and just replace it. How I managed to get it to take. Works find for me.

riff_raff no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    26853B59
    I figured I'd have to use the 5.0 from one of the other carriers for my T-Mo 8900, but does anybody know which version supports UMA? I'm asking because I remember updating an old 8320 with non-T-mobile OS and it didn't support UMA. Thanks in advance!

RoboticGolem no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ab431b
    I'm using 5.0.0.461 from bulgaria (don't remember the carrier sorry). UMA works only odd things I've run into is the "visual voice mail" and a weird problem with the threaded sms when you receive a message when you have the sms window open as your holstering the phone. Visual voice mail isn't supported yet and the sms window become unresponsive. No reading incoming or sending out for like 2-3 mins. Really weird. Not going back tho.

I love how fast 5.0 is.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    You can go to this link to view the Official latest OS's. The first page has all the downloads and you can read to find out which OS works the best.

http://forums.pinstack.com/f225/late...ril_8_a-99215/

riff_raff no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    26853B59
    Quote Originally Posted by RoboticGolem View Post
    I'm using 5.0.0.461 from bulgaria (don't remember the carrier sorry). UMA works only odd things I've run into is the "visual voice mail" and a weird problem with the threaded sms when you receive a message when you have the sms window open as your holstering the phone. Visual voice mail isn't supported yet and the sms window become unresponsive. No reading incoming or sending out for like 2-3 mins. Really weird. Not going back tho.

I love how fast 5.0 is.
    Thanks for responding- well yesterday I tried, v's .461, .509, and .592... on the .461 the first thing I noticed was the Keyboard lock button on the top didn't do anything at all; since I'm used to using it that os had to go. Then tried the .592 and this time the first I noticed was the keyboard lock button worked again, but now holding the mute button to go into standby mode didn't work- tried it on .509 and it didn't work there either- no biggie but again, I'm just used to it... so I went back to .592 and also noticed no threaded sms like the .328 on my Storm, which I've also gotten used to... on the plus side the visual voicemail and the audio postcard features are a nice touch but haven't gotten around to using them, and the speed and responsiveness of 5.0 is nice as well... and it does in fact support UMA, which is all I was really worried about in the first place...

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Any of the 5.0 builds will support UMA. It's a service book pushed by T-Mo that allows you to utilize it. The current build is .681 and is working just fine on my 8900 with T-Mo. The key is simply to delete the vendor.xml file. I cannot post a link to the leak of .681 itself, but a simple Google search will pull it up easy enough. Very stable release so far. The lock button function you mention is a change in the OS by RIM. The lock/standby functions were merged some time ago and pressing it does both simultaneously.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    The leaked beta version of 5.0.0.681 can be found here http://m.bbleaks.com/9325/show/cf9b7...78add4becce82/