Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

yeah, that's true, I'm a big fan of the today+, so I downloaded one that ... BlackBerry Curve forum

rcd213 no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

yeah, that's true, I'm a big fan of the today+, so I downloaded one that i had with 4.5 after the stock today had the issue. guess i'll have to wait to get the today+ goodness.

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    None of my today + themes scroll properly... also some of my calendar events seem to be crammed together on one line... i'm using one of the default themes right now...

yeah same here. I'm having one more slightly serious issue. My bbm 5.0 was on my phone from when i had 4.5. However, it's missing from my apps, more specifically, its on the apps list as an add-on app, however it cannot be found. I've tried every combination of trying to get it to work, from seeing if it was hidden, to multiple battery pulls, to deleting and then reinstalling. I've tried both the curve version (which I didn't think would work) as well as the bbm 5.0 for 5.0. Both of them will not work, they install properly, but then are no where to be found. I also tried to dl it and install via dm, however, it says it's not compatible.
    Anyone have 5.0 working on 5.0? Any tips? Thanks!

cobrabite no está en línea Stack level 2
    how do u get the clock screensaver to work?
    BlackBerry8330/5.0.0.230 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by rcd213 View Post
    yeah same here. I'm having one more slightly serious issue. My bbm 5.0 was on my phone from when i had 4.5. However, it's missing from my apps, more specifically, its on the apps list as an add-on app, however it cannot be found. I've tried every combination of trying to get it to work, from seeing if it was hidden, to multiple battery pulls, to deleting and then reinstalling. I've tried both the curve version (which I didn't think would work) as well as the bbm 5.0 for 5.0. Both of them will not work, they install properly, but then are no where to be found. I also tried to dl it and install via dm, however, it says it's not compatible.
    Anyone have 5.0 working on 5.0? Any tips? Thanks!
    BBM 5.0 (or 2.0 as i've seen it stated) does not work with the new leaked 5.0 OS... I have heard it works on a lesser version 5.0 like 1. something... oh and the clock should pop up when you plug in the charger or if you go to the clock icon in your applications list...

cobrabite no está en línea Stack level 2
    Ok so now after I hit the back button to get back to my home screen how do I get the clock to come back? NEVERMIND I FIGURED IT OUT.
    BlackBerry8330/5.0.0.230 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104
    Last edited by cobrabite; 10-01-2009 at 04:49 AM.

mikebeat no está en línea Stack level 1
    Used for a day, had to go back to 4.5. Today themes won't scroll properly. Messages wouldn't highlight so I could see what I was about to click on. Had trouble with SMS messaging. Some programs were lost during the update, and wouldn't reinstall. Had problems with it locking up my phone.
    Were several things I really liked, like the clock options, much easier system for organizing icons, and the browser worked really well. But for me it was still too buggy. I'm looking forward to the official release.

Well here are my first impressions:
    Bbm: was better with the leaked 5.0 version compared to the stock on os 5.0
    Browser: speed seems a bit slower, ui is slightly improved. However I haven't really tweaked any of the settings thus far.
    UI of OS: Overall quite an improvement. I like the bedside/clock, as well as the improvement in configurations. Also falls more in line with webOS and android in terms of sleek lines etc in the various programs.
    Gmail plugin: with 4.5, I was unable to search remotely directly from the messages window (because I have two gmail accounts and it would automatically choose the first one alphabetically, which wasn't my primary email). Now I can directly choose which gmail account I would like to search remotely. Also you can flag items just as you can in gmail
    Viigo- initially would not work properly until I erased it and redownloaded it. As of now it's working as well as 4.5.
    Email- looks about the same, however the images sometimes do not render properly, or at all (with html and images set to dl automatically, and after pressing "get images").
    SMS- vast improvement over previous stock, finally inherent threaded sms. I used bchat with 4.5, which improved it to create a threaded sms view, however the bubble format of bbm 5.0 is employed here, which personally I like quite a bit.
    Bolt- works as well as in 4.5
    Themes- Today themes do NOT work well at all. There's some garbled text underlayed the actual email/calendar text(even on the stock today). I can't comment yet on zen/L, but from the today themes I've tried, there were problems with core programs such as clock because of the new ui, which has a similar format for entering an alarm to the iphone.
    Clock- with stock L theme, works excellently. I'm a big fan of bedside mode. However. Thus far I like the alarm ui of 4.5 more because I would've been able to use another theme, however this will most likely not be a problem when more themes are created for 5.0.
    Media- picture manager is nicer, but I haven't had time to try out the media player to view videos or listen to music.
    Google sync- syncing contacts and calendar events properly.
    Overall impressions- although there are many improvements, I would've rather stayed with 4.5 and waited for a version more tailored to my need (today+ themes working, bbm 5.0 working). However, I probably won't downgrade because I'm too lazy to do it over again, and thus far
    its more than sufficient for my needs, even if a few of my favorite features are not yet available yet. Hope this helps some who
    are wondering about upgrading.
    BlackBerry8330/5.0.0.230 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

cgaliffi no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22D95A46
    I noticed that Gps didn't work with bb maps and my Seidio cradle would not charge my Curve. I kept getting an error message. I had to plug the cable directly into the usb connector on the device for it to charge probably.I also tried shrinking the OS using the Shrink-A-OS program to free up some more memory and ended up bricking the phone. I finally decided to go back to the .160 build. This is my only phone so it's just not worth messing around right now. I'll just wait for an official release from Vz (by then I'll already have a new phone - S2 probably!)
    BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.160 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

whitejl28 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Wish i would of never DL'ed this 5.0 mess

- the font is oversized
    - i cant set my ringtones up anymore for some reason its set but it doesnt play the sound i selected
    - when someone send me a link on BBM you cant click it
    - when your in your ringtone setting section its very slow
    - NOT A HAPPY PERSON on this 5.0

Looking into restoring it back to the old OS

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I'm not having any problems with ringtones or with oversized fonts, that has not been an issue, I can't click links in bbm either, but I can copy the links and paste them into the browser if needed. I don't get many links via bbm so it doesn't bug me.

Overall I like this better that 4.5 so I'm sticking with it for now.
    BlackBerry8330/5.0.0.230 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/106

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    I'm not having any problems with ringtones or with oversized fonts, that has not been an issue, I can't click links in bbm either, but I can copy the links and paste them into the browser if needed. I don't get many links via bbm so it doesn't bug me.

Overall I like this better that 4.5 so I'm sticking with it for now.
    So when trying to set your tones you BB isn't basicly freezing up? Lori's is....

Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    So when trying to set your tones you BB isn't basicly freezing up? Lori's is....
    No freezing at all, but sometimes scrolling through the list of ringtones is sluggish, meaning it seems to pause then scrolls past the one I wanted.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Hers is a lot worse than that. I am in the process of wiping with JL and reinstalling to see if it helps.. Very cool thing to, it took me about 20 minutes but got JL to work on Windows 7...Woot!!!

One other change from 4.5 to 5.0 is some of the shortcut key changes. I always have dial from the home screen turned off and use shortcut keys to access most native functions on the phone. This allows me to hide a ton of icons and have a more organized home screen.

In 4.5 keyboard lock was by holding the K key, now in 5.0 it's A....no idea why they changed it....

I always had my son, Alex, set to the A key for speed dial....now I keep trying to call him, hold the A key for a couple seconds then stick the phone to my ear and wonder why the heck it's not ringing...look at the phone and it's locked....grrr

Now I had to move him to the old lock key K, for kid, and try to get used to not clicking A for Alex but K for kid....

Just wonder why they changed it when so many were used to it for so many years....I don't see the benefit, or the connection of A with lock.

What's funny is that if you hover over the lock icon, it still hay K underlined, indicating that that SHOULD be the shortcut key.

EDIT: And I hate that F no longer opens profiles anymore....I hate having to use the profiles icon!
    Last edited by azstar; 10-04-2009 at 02:56 PM.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast