Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

I HATE IT i cant use my themes MY FONT IS OVERSIZED i dont even ... BlackBerry Curve forum

whitejl28 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Advertisement

I HATE IT i cant use my themes MY FONT IS OVERSIZED

i dont even want the phone anymore

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Well, even after deleting social scope I have dropped 5mb in th last hour even after deleting messages and clearing browser cache, that's with just a couple messages coming in and light browsing. No other 3rd party apps are running right now.
    BlackBerry8330/5.0.0.230 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/106

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    I have a little over 20 left with 6 themes BabyGo, CaptureIt, FileScout, GoogleMaps, QuickPull, TFLN, & Wheel of Fortune installed on my Curve... haven't taken the plunge on my Bold just yet... anyone know how to get the new BBM back after the 5.0 install or are we just FUBAR til it officially releases?

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    DOH!!!!! Vender file....DUH!!
    We've all done that one before

cb4studabaker no está en línea Stack level 3
    I never did a upgrade to my 8330 I still got 4.5 n all I need to do to get 5.0 is delete vendor file n tats it or is there anything else I should do
    BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.131 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    This OS sounds like a memory-taker-no-givy-backy release. Following Azstar, no matter what you do, you lose more memory.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by cb4studabaker View Post
    I never did a upgrade to my 8330 I still got 4.5 n all I need to do to get 5.0 is delete vendor file n tats it or is there anything else I should do
    BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.131 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104
    Deleting the vendor is all you need to do. You might also disconnect from the internet also. Just in case.
    BlackBerry9530/4.7.0.148 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

Well last night I removed all the VAD .cods, and a few other out of the java folder and in the past, this was all I needed to do to remove them from the BB. Every other time I've done this as soon as I plugged my BB into the DM it would see the unrecognized .cods on the BB and remove them. But for some reason, not sure if it is the OS or the DM version 5, but it didn't remove them from the BB.

I ended up having to use CrackUtil to remove them which is a PITA since it only lets you remove one at a time and reboots the BB after each lol.

Anyway, I got my memory up to almost 34mb then went to sleep. I woke up this morning to 24mb....lost 10mb while I slept :-/

With some more activity this morning, couple messages, BBM convos, took some pics of the sunrise and posted to twitter via socialscope....and lost 4 more mb down to 20. I'm going to monitor it all day and try not to reboot, see if it levels out somewhere and see if I start having performance problems or self deleting issues.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    I'm at 20 and have not experienced any self deleting issues at all... so far I'm loving 5.0 on the 8330

I was down as low as 19, then it recovered some on it's own, back up to 22, if if fluctuates between high teens and low 20s I can live with that. I do love the changes especially threaded sms!
    Twitter? My Apps List

stonewall72 no está en línea Themes Pro
    ANy word on a release for MEID 8330's ?

cgaliffi no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22D95A46
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    This OS sounds like a memory-taker-no-givy-backy release. Following Azstar, no matter what you do, you lose more memory.
    This is what I have experienced so far too since downloading it last night. I deleted the VAD cod files as well as some others (I too felt like I was back using my 8830/8130)Having issues with overlapping fonts on the Today homescreen. SMS icon deletes by itself after an incoming text before I even check it. I got Viigo to work though! There are pros and cons with this but I like what I have seen so far. I'll keep it for now and see if the memory drops hinder the phone. So far it's running fine. GPS doesn't seem to be working on BB Maps. I'll post back with some other issues I may find
    BlackBerry8330/5.0.0.230 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

cgaliffi no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22D95A46
    Sms icon not disappearing anymore but I noticed the chirping/squelching sound coming through occasionally when on the phone. This was an issue with the .160 build I noticed too.
    BlackBerry8330/5.0.0.230 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

rcd213 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Anyone using a today/today+ theme with 5.0? I just dl 5.0, and when i'm on my homescreen, there and "nl2009" subimposed under the text for the calendar, messages.

I deleted the stock dimension today theme, so I can't test one out, but I would not be surprised to see conflicts with themes on this leaked OS
    Twitter? My Apps List

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast