Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This following is what WhitePearlPXL was talking about, posted by fellow Stacker sherlockphones. This goes ... BlackBerry Curve forum

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator

Advertisement

This following is what WhitePearlPXL was talking about, posted by fellow Stacker sherlockphones. This goes with my thinking that sometimes, somehow, something on the media card is getting corrupted during the upgrade if you leave it in the device, causing the device to have issues. Doesn't happen all the time, as other Stackers have posted, but it DOES happen frequently enough to warrant removing it from the device prior to the upgrade, then reformatting it afterwards (making sure you've backed the card up to the PC beforehand, of course!):

1. Using Desktop Manager / Media Manager, copy the entire contents of your media card to your PC.

2. Format the media card using your 4.5 device.

3. Using Media Manager, I noticed that some of my pictures had nothing in the attributes column. Therefore, copy only those images that have attributes back onto the media card.

That seems to have done it for me. Just as a test I put a couple pics on the media card that had nothing in the attribute column and my device started rebooting again.

Within Roxio Media Manager, I used the top window to show the pictures on my PC and the bottom window to show my BB. The view defaults to "Thumbnails" because most people like that option. I changed it to to "Details" (select View\View As\Details).

Looking at it in this view, you'll see that your pictures are listed with 5 columns of information. Specifically they are File Name, File Size, Date Created, Attributes, and Date Modified. For the majority of my pictures, the Attributes column lists the pixels, bits, and dpi (i.e. 2592x1944 pixels, 24-bit, 180 dpi) but I noticed that some of them had that column blank.

Next I selected all of my pictures and then deselected those that had that column blank. When I transferred only the pictures with attributes information back to the media card it seems to have worked and I've had no problems since. Granted, this means I was not able to get all of my pictures back on the media card, but I only lost a few.
    Last edited by RogerG; 09-30-2008 at 09:18 AM.

smithwe1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24472A10
    Yes, I did the upgrade with the Media Card in. I never saw any instructions where they recomended that you pull it.

Quote Originally Posted by smithwe1 View Post
    Yes, I did the upgrade with the Media Card in. I never saw any instructions where they recomended that you pull it.
    Good point. Guess we should be bringing that up from now on!

elpistolero no está en línea Stack level 1
    Where do you dl the upgrade? I'm hoping this will fix the errors I've been gettin while browsing forums, checkin email.

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6
    I have just bought a curve with the .81 OS installed, and it is running perfectly! Gonna try these steps when I upgrade the misses curve this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by elpistolero View Post
    Where do you dl the upgrade? I'm hoping this will fix the errors I've been gettin while browsing forums, checkin email.
    Welcome to PinStack, elpistolero!

It would be helpful for you to populate your profile with your device information so that we can better direct you.

Thanks,
    Roger

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12