With the release of this os everyone will be happy. Yay youtube. Big deal what's ... BlackBerry Curve forum

blazen2000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2426EC63

OS 4.5 quality

Advertisement

With the release of this os everyone will be happy. Yay youtube. Big deal what's the point if the quality looks like the other video sites I have seen blueapple.mobi stupidvideo and cnn. Now I think pic quality is probably better on an iphone(I thing better than bb wow). Will this os also upgrade the quality if not what's the point.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    i think the quality of the videos are how the videos are formatted, most mobile sites format their videos in .3gp. Which is the standard file type for videos for most mobile devices. It compress the file a lot but on the same token it also sacrifices quality. With these new updates we would hope that the developers of this site can start using different formats that won't be too large or take forever to download such file formats would be .avi, or .mp4. Plus with the advancements that windows mobile is trying to make with the support of flash support on their devices would be a big step becase then you can access these sites and see the videos in its original file type and size, however the problem once again wold be would it be too large to download. Blackberry, or any other mobile handset developer would have to make sure that theyir devices can handle downloading of larger files, larger than 7mbs etc.... hope that kind of answers your question.
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

mykeandme no está en línea Stack level 2
    Very well said!

PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    Quote Originally Posted by mykeandme View Post
    Very well said!

thanks
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

blazen2000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2426EC63
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~thank you. I really did not think about all that when I posted. I'm more informed now on the reason why they upload the way they do. Thanks.

PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    Quote Originally Posted by blazen2000 View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~thank you. I really did not think about all that when I posted. I'm more informed now on the reason why they upload the way they do. Thanks.

no problem at all. I found a lot of this out when I would take video files and convert them myself to play on my blackberry. I noticed that they were different file sizes even though it was the same file. that they looked and sounded differently with different formats.....but i'm glad I could help
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter