Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I updated via the latest desktop manager ver. 4.7 to OS v4.5.0.110 with only the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

chusteveb no está en línea Stack level 1

OS 4.5; device reboots in the middle of calls

Advertisement

I updated via the latest desktop manager ver. 4.7 to OS v4.5.0.110 with only the small problem of my data not reloading at the end of the upgrade. That was fixed with an easy resync to outlook and going through and setting up a few user preferances; which actually proved usefull as I actually got to see a lot of the differences in the new OS.

I'm left with only 1 problem but it is a major issue. My device will now randomly reboot in the middle of a phone call. I've tried troubleshooting this issue but I'm left scratching my head with no answers. I have 3 different batteries which I charge on a stand alone charger so I never actually charge my phone, rather I change out to a fully charge battery. So I know I do a hard reset everytime I swap out a battery and take longer than 30 seconds to do so, which is more than often. I've gone through just about evey setting that I know how to see if I have over looked something but came up emtpy handed.

Does anyone else have this problem that I'm describing? Any input as to a fix? If this continues to persist I will be forced to get a new phone (maybe an excuse for the Bold) but I like my Curve and have no problems staying with it if I can fix this glitch. I loose calls at the most inconvienient times and the curve takes a good 3-4 minutes to reboot sometimes. Also this seems to be happening on calls lasting more than 5 maybe even 10 minutes. Thanks in advance for reading about my problem. Any input is appreciated.

delphiman no está en línea Stack level 1
    I do have exactly problem as you described chusteveb. I have a Curve 8310 with ATT and just upgrade my OS to 4.5.0.110 and my phone constantly shut off in the middle of everything. The only way to turn it back on is to remove the battery and put it back, then the OS is up for a few minutes, then it shuts off again

Now, I wonder how to bring my Curve back to factory setting and OS. Does anyone know how to fi this?

Thanks

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    Have you tried a different version of the OS?

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    chusteveb did you do the upgrade with the media card installed?

Quote Originally Posted by delphiman View Post
    Now, I wonder how to bring my Curve back to factory setting and OS. Does anyone know how to fi this?
    Yes - On BB go to Options>Security Options>General Options>hit BB menu>wipe handheld.
    Last edited by Lavagirl; 12-21-2008 at 01:53 AM.

PIN/ID
    LESS
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~it is due to DM 4.7 Do the upgrade with version 4.6

Quote Originally Posted by Lavagirl View Post

Yes - On BB go to Options>Security Options>General Options>hit BB menu>wipe handheld.
    Actually yes I did do this with the media card installed. It is a 2Gig Micro SanDisk.

I do have exactly problem as you described chusteveb. I have a Curve 8310 with ATT and just upgrade my OS to 4.5.0.110 and my phone constantly shut off in the middle of everything. The only way to turn it back on is to remove the battery and put it back, then the OS is up for a few minutes, then it shuts off again

Thanks
    Weird! My phone doesn't shut off but rather reboots and only while I'm on a call too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ge View Post
    Have you tried a different version of the OS?
    This is the only version of the OS i've tried besides the original that came on the phone when I bought it.

Quote Originally Posted by RSCStacker View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~it is due to DM 4.7 Do the upgrade with version 4.6
    Is there a known issue with the DM 4.7? I haven't had any problems with it unless my issue here with the phone is a direct reult of dm 4.7

Quote Originally Posted by Lavagirl View Post

So if I had done the upgrade with the media card installed, which I had, then what?

delphiman no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by chusteveb View Post
    Is there a known issue with the DM 4.7? I haven't had any problems with it unless my issue here with the phone is a direct reult of dm 4.7

It is not DM4.7

I used DM4.6 to upgrade my OS and that what got me into the shut off issue.

So I don't know what else to do. I like OS 4.5 because its email attachment is nice compares to OS 4.2 but OS 4.5 is giving me so much trouble.

Now I am thinking it could be my battery. One thing I notice that my battery power is drained out very quick too. So I just order an OEM batter on ebay to replace it. Hope this could solve the problem ...or time to uprade my phone to BOLD

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    It is not DM4.7

I used DM4.6 to upgrade my OS and that what got me into the shut off issue.

So I don't know what else to do. I like OS 4.5 because its email attachment is nice compares to OS 4.2 but OS 4.5 is giving me so much trouble.

Now I am thinking it could be my battery. One thing I notice that my battery power is drained out very quick too. So I just order an OEM batter on ebay to replace it. Hope this could solve the problem ...or time to uprade my phone to BOLD
    If it is shutting off during calls I would say this is more battery related and has nothing at all to do with OS or which DM you used. I would suggest before buying one go to your local carrier store and see if they have one you can test. Make a couple of calls and see how it works. If that doesn't fix it then look into the OS and other causes.

I have 3 batteries and it is rebooting durring calls no matter which battery I'm using. I'm reloading 4.2 but i others aren't having issues with 4.5 so why would I? I may try and reinstall 4.5 after reinstalling 4.2 and see if that helps.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    When you first upgraded to 4.5 did you do so with or without the media card in?

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    This happened to my husbands 8320 Curve, I tried everything to make it stop. Wiped with BB, wiped with JL Commander, reloaded with fresh OS, reformatted the media card. Nothing would stop the resetting during calls. Thinking that this was a 4.5 issue, I called up TMO BB Support and told them that ever since I upgraded to their 4.5 OS this has been happening and that I needed the prior 4.2.2 OS to downgrade back to. They told me that 4.2.2 was no longer available and that they would send me another Curve with 4.2.2 preloaded, but warned me about upgrading to their own released 4.5 OS

I was shocked that this was TMO's only fix, but 2 days later another phone came in new condition without the back or battery, so I placed the old battery in it plus the back and re-insterted the sim and media card. The first thing I did was load 4.5 back (I am not going to live with 4.2.2 forever and I was curious to see if it would do it again) It has not reset once since I got it. So, I am not sure if it is an OS problem either.

If anyone is with TMO and having this problem, then I suggest calling them for a replacement. This was all for free.. Except all the time that I spent on trying to fix it. Seems like an expensive fix for TMO to replace phones, when all they need to do is post the 4.2.2 OS back on their site.
    Last edited by pdxmatts; 01-03-2009 at 01:16 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast