Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

HI, so i updated my 8310 OS to 4.5.0.174 using the DM, it tanked and ... BlackBerry Curve forum

foregus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    yes

OS 4.5.174 updating question

Advertisement

HI, so i updated my 8310 OS to 4.5.0.174 using the DM, it tanked and burned my blackberry with error 507, so i had to re-install the OS with the app loader from the OS folder, it installed okay, but it did not install everything, so i had to use DM to install all my apps and my phone backup, but now it seems that the phone memory is leaking rapidly, way more than before, from having 19 MB im going to 12 MB, after the battery pull goes back to 19MB but then after an hours goes back down to 12 - 11 MB i dont have a lot of apps that are refresing much i only have BBWEATHER, BUZZME, NFL mobile live and face book and BBM 5.0does anyone know why this is happening? it did not happen before (with OS 4.5.0.124)thanks!

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    It may just be that OS. Is that the latest official for your device? You may want something newer if there is one.
    because we are amorphous, we hold that in reverence~ Tite Kubo

PIN/ID
    yes
    i think this is the newest for my device, i have not seen any other and i dont want to downgrade, i was jkust wondering if there mught be something i could do to try to prevent memory leaks

Normally if it isn't your apps that's dragging down your memory, it's the OS itself. And as far as I know for now, that is the latest "official" OS. I'm sure there's some leaked 8330 OS's on here somewhere.
    because we are amorphous, we hold that in reverence~ Tite Kubo

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Gus, I couldn't find a 4.5.0.174 for the 8310.....only the 8300 and 8320. If this OS isn't for your device, then that would explain the issues you're having.

Never mind. I did find it. Which carrier did you download it from? There is a 4.5.0.176 from Telefonica and a .174 from Vodafone DE. They are both the same platform, however. I have a 4.5.0.153 on my device that is the same platform (2.7.0.105).

Could it possibly be for a different type of the 8330? Like the 8330m or are they the same?

Far as I know, there's only one type of 8310, so any OS for the 8310 should work. In this case the Applications versions are different, but the Platform versions are the same. I think the application loader actually compares the Platform versions as I've tried to upgrade to a higher Applications version where the Platform version was lower and it told me I didn't need the upgrade.

Oh well crap, I've been posting and looking for the 8330. I'm sorry guys. I probably would have found the right stuff lol

LOL! No worries......

PIN/ID
    yes
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Never mind. I did find it. Which carrier did you download it from? There is a 4.5.0.176 from Telefonica and a .174 from Vodafone DE. They are both the same platform, however. I have a 4.5.0.153 on my device that is the same platform (2.7.0.105).
    Hi Roger, i have the vodafone version if this OS, if it is the same platform, if i try to change the OS would it recognize as an upgrade? o would i have to downgrade and then upgrade to install a different carrier version?thanks!

Gus, I believe that is correct.....if it's the same platform, it won't be recognized as an update and you would need to downgrade, then upgrade again. You could also wipe your device and reload the OS that way.

Truthfully, though, the memory leak you are experiencing is not all that uncommon. Happens to me every day where I'll lose several mb. Every morning I do some housecleaning, get it back up to 21mb or so and call it good.

PIN/ID
    yes
    What else could i do to free up some space? Is there something i could delete?? Also do you have BBM v5.0 installed? It takes up more then 3 MB is that normal?

I actually deleted BBM 5.0 off my device for that reason. I don't use it that much and had other apps I used more often and that I wanted to try. I think it's a bit of a memory hog, too. Since deleting it, I don't see as much of a drain as when I had it installed.

The big things you can do to free up space are to delete unwanted themes, apps, emails, call logs and texts, etc, and the general housecleaning like clearing browser cache and memory cleaning. If you haven't already, you can delete the Help and TTY apps off the device, which should free up about 5mb.

PIN/ID
    yes
    What's TTY??i have already deleted. Help, i think im gonna go back to the old messenger

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast