Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I don't know if I'm the only one.I have Tmobile 8820 with 4.2 os and ... BlackBerry Curve forum

bobmcelroy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24533BD3

orange 4.5 had to downgrade

Advertisement

I don't know if I'm the only one.I have Tmobile 8820 with 4.2 os and I saw the orange 4.5 os here to pinstack so I decided to check it out. I downloaded the os and installed it. It worked fine while I was using it but then out of nowhere it just flashed a red light then it would turn off. It took a long time to boot up hourglass spining and it would reset it self 3 or 4 times before it finaly would boot up.after it booted up it would work fine while I was using it but as soon as I put it down or in the holster I would check it then ther is an hourglass spining again. I did everything the right way I deleted the vendor.xml backed everything up and loaded the new os. I could not take my phone reseting it self so I went back to 4.2 allthough 4.5. Has some nice new features. Well I guess I have to wait for Tmo to release it.

WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    you're not the only one. A good amount of people including myself have been having problems

mtlbball10 no está en línea Stack level 1
    How do you downgrade back to 4.2

somestone no está en línea Stack level 2
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~weird

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27
    to downgrade you must delete the 4.5 OS off your computer...then install the downgrade version OS of your choice...then i believe you have to use jl_cmdr to wipe the phone then when you hook your BB up to DM it'll do a search for OS updates and should install your downgraded version...hope this helps

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Hmmm. I'm a T-mo 8320 and I've been on it a couple of weeks now without any unsolvable issues. How long before you started having trouble?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    24533BD3
    I got it working after I loaded 4.2 - wiped - Loaded 4.5 its running good so far

somestone no está en línea Stack level 2
    perhaps you didn't wipe vendor.xml after installing to pc... when you u had 4.2 perhaps...
    please keep me updated with your results.
    How you like the browser and camera capabilities? can you feel the difference?

PIN/ID
    24533BD3
    Welli don't have a camera I have an 8820 but everything is working great~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

phatmanxxl no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3M TA3
    I'm running orange 4.5 and sometimes my phone just abruptly shuts off and I have to do a battery pull to get it to turn back on. I'm not sure if it the phone it self or the OS. It happens every few days but ill deal with it till my phone upgrade, I love 4.5 too much to let it go.
    phatman the phat stacker!

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by phatmanxxl View Post
    I'm running orange 4.5 and sometimes my phone just abruptly shuts off and I have to do a battery pull to get it to turn back on. I'm not sure if it the phone it self or the OS. It happens every few days but ill deal with it till my phone upgrade, I love 4.5 too much to let it go.
    Maybe you have a BB evil spirit Doesn't sound like the OS but it could be. That'd be a new one on me. If your battery has a good charge when it happens you might carefully clean the battery contacts with a clean cloth , not wet, with alcohol (?) just to make sure that's not it.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

phatmanxxl no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3M TA3
    Yea I was thinkin on buying a new battery, but in sept. I get my phone upgrade. I'm just going to sell this curve and buy a new one in about six weeks. Just don't want to spend anymore money if I don't have to. Its not to that point yet.
    phatman the phat stacker!

therock99 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2568333E
    well i updated from 4.2 to 4.5 orange and i have a vodafone, no problems so far and im running on the 2nd week with 4.5

no complaints from me

dh29 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I upped to the Orange 4.5 a few weeks ago for my 8320 and was doing fine until last Wednesday when my sim card decided to take a crap. I don't know if it's because of the OS, but I went and got another sim and reverted back to 4.2. I think I'll just wait until all the quarks are worked out before installing it back on my phone again.

alienx no está en línea Stack level 2
    Have 8320 and 4.5 installed since the 4.5.0.52 version and now running 4.5.0.69

I have to say I haven't had a single issue, not even those some people in these forums reported about low sound output or something. Not a single problem since the very first 4.5.x.x

My Blackberry looks even more responsive, definitelly not going back to 4.2.2.184 I had originally installed on this phone. I also have to say that this phone was never locked/branded to any network.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast