Hi, i just upgraded to Optus and everything went ok. However, now when I press ... BlackBerry Curve forum

tboooe no está en línea Stack level 3

Optus upgrade now VM speed dial doesn't work

Advertisement

Hi, i just upgraded to Optus and everything went ok. However, now when I press and hold the #1 button to access my voicemail, I get the error "Invalid Number". First of all, does anyone know the right voicemail access # for ATT in the Orange County area? Secondly, how do I change the speed dial number associated with #1?

Thanks in advance.

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

Re: Optus upgrade now VM speed dial doesn't work

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ your voicemail # should be in ur address book after u connect to the at&t network...

From there I altered the speed dial list found in phone options to make "v" my vm speed dial

tboooe no está en línea Stack level 3

thank you jscottbarnes. I am not sure what you mean when you say the # is in my address book. I did find the vmail number under Phone>Options>Call Voicemail. I then copied this to my speed dial #1.

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3

I had the same problem after applying the Calendar Patch. Holding the #1 key yielded the "invalid phone number" error msg. I checked settings, and the proper voice mail number (for T-Mobile) was in there - but the phone wouldn't dial it.

So: I created a new entry in my phonebook for "VoiceMail", copied and pasted the number into this, and assigned a speed dial key to it. Works fine by holding down the "1" key again - and there's an added bonus now: using Voice Dialing, I can hit the button and say, "call VoiceMail" - and I can do this via my bluetooth headset as well. Great for checking voicemail messages while driving.

Quick fix - added bonus.

djtj no está en línea Stack level 2

go into your speed dial settings, delete the W key. Battery pull, then should be good to go. Happens to me about once a month for no apparant reason:S