Morning stackers, A few minutes into a call I am getting a bunch of activity ... BlackBerry Curve forum

zipped no está en línea Stack level 3

Optus - EDGE/GPRS causing dropped calls?

Advertisement

Morning stackers,
    A few minutes into a call I am getting a bunch of activity either gprs/EDGE (indicator arrows going back and forth), the the call drops.
    Full signal, no issue there, crystal clear.
    Was curious if anyone else is having an issue (Cherri you up yet???).

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

Re: Optus - EDGE/GPRS causing dropped calls?

I haven't had those problems. You do a battery pull? Is it always in the same areas, or all over the place?

Did the pull, all that. Actually, I am just reloading the 02 OS now. Guess I will just have to delete the cical service books...
    The last call I was on with my boss, dropped 4 times. I am sure he knows I was playing around again, lol.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Quote Originally Posted by zipped
    Did the pull, all that. Actually, I am just reloading the 02 OS now. Guess I will just have to delete the cical service books...
    The last call I was on with my boss, dropped 4 times. I am sure he knows I was playing around again, lol.
    LOL, yea I'm happy with o2 for now.

Intall went like cake, happy to report the nice addition of the browser again. Weird that Optus wouldn't work for me in regards to the browser.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~hey zipped did u try installing the Tmobile OS? How did it go? Browser?

I loaded it and as you had guessed, it was older. Older than most of the OS's out there. I figured since 02 was working well, I went with it.
    The Optus is very solid, I just need the blackberry browser for the OTA transfers. Opera Mini works half the time in the general sense of a browser but can't do any transfers.

I think the Optus bug for me in regards to the data disrupting the call was likely due to me playing in some of the other files, however losing the calls that many times was enough for me with that OS.

Did like not having any calendar issues however which is also pretty important. I am sure we are close to a very solid OS. Now, if they can just integrate the HTML mail into the next release, lol.