Hello all, I just got my first BB and it's a 8310 Curve and I ... BlackBerry Curve forum

p00rcoll3geboi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2474A786

Opera Mini Vs. BB Browser

Advertisement

Hello all, I just got my first BB and it's a 8310 Curve and I love it! I see many people prefer the Opera Mini browser over the BB browser that came with the phone. I looked everywhere but can't find anything about why it's better. I'm using both browsers and can't see a huge difference. The BB browser opens by default when I click a link in the email, making it more convenient than Opera. 4o please enlighten me why some of you think Opera Mini is better

innocentman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    252574EC
    opera is just for browsing u can't download using it, for downloading u use bb browser...

PIN/ID
    2474A786
    You can also browse pages using BB browser, so why go through the trouble to get Opera when you can download and browse in the same browser? ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

innocentman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    252574EC
    bb browser doest have view like opera with opera u browese like on ps just zoom

try and find out bout that

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    If you take the plunge to 4.5 and fiddle with that browser, you'll never use Opera Mini again.
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

Kero351 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242ed7b2
    opera mini is good to have for websites you know will be difficult to navigate is Blackberry view (consolidated, no images). Otherwise it has no major benefit IMO except when I used it on my pearl I swear opera would load just a tid quicker (not so much on my curve that I've noticed).

Also if you know you want to access information quicker than usual it better to use bbrowser since it consolidates.

its a tradeoff.

knight2472000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    opera's full page with zoom ability is easier to use than the regular BB browser where you are only looking at part of the page at a time.

PIN/ID
    2474A786
    Yeah right now I'm using both of the browsers at the same time and compare information on two different sites just by switching back and forth between the two browsers. That's the only use I found with an extra browser. Once I upgrade to a 4.5 OS, I'm sure I'll get rid of the Opera browser. Thanks for the information

kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    the BB browser has the option to view the whole page also id stick with the BB browser

PIN/ID
    2474A786
    I really don't care too much about how it has a whole page display. Are there any security differences between the two?