Every time I launch opera mini and go to a site it asks me if ... BlackBerry Curve forum

redbull816 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3037A1A7

opera mini problem

Advertisement

Every time I launch opera mini and go to a site it asks me if I want to allow it access. Is there a way to make this always allow it and stop asking me every time?

bigmarv no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Optional
    I feel you on his one. Every since I upgraded to 4.5 Opera mini started to do that. I haven't been able to stop the message from popping up. I just deal with it. But I can not use my Opera unless I'm running it off of WiFi.

hcdemon no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2152CB42
    That message comes up for me on 4.2 as well as 4.5 OS's. From what someone told me, it was because Opera Mini is not signed for BB's.

As for it only working in WiFi, that is strange, the only way it should be like that is if the WiFi option is selected in your settings. If you unselect it though, make sure you press Menu and Save, and not just Escape, or it won't save the settings.

contractorslim no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    319fd5aa
    Ok everyone dealing with this problem....
    I had the same issue and dealt with it for months. Then I found out.
    Step one enable a firewall in security settings I think.
    Step two go to applications list press the bb button- and then click edit permissions. Don't remember which one but set them to allow.
    Step 3 restart opera mini and then it should quit giving you the option to choose to accept it.

Hope this works for ya.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

hcdemon no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2152CB42
    That actually does work for Opera Mini. Also works for a few other apps that I had that always asked similar questions when loaded, jmIRC is one of them.

However, with firewall on, pretty much ANY 3rd party app that uses the data connection, it is going to ask for the initial permissions to allow or deny. And for some apps, it may just disable it all together. So be careful in trying to fix one annoyance, you create several other problems or annoyances.

coffeedaze no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    27FD43BF
    I have heard of people having problems with JiveTalk after enabling the firewall. I just got used to Opera asking for permission and it really doesn't bother me anymore.
    9810 AT&T - PIN# 27FD43BF

contractorslim no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    319fd5aa
    By setting up a firewall with all my 3rd party apps I have never had a problem with them not asking for permission. You set it once per app and your done! I would much rather have to set permissions once per app than have to click the annoying buttons on opera! And if you try to upload a file and u have a bunch you will be hitting it a bunch of times. So suit yourself hope it works if not post back and ill check back. Whala. Good luck
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~