always heard a lot about Opera Mini and how good its suppose to be, i ... BlackBerry Curve forum

els718 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Opera Mini on the Curve........

Advertisement

always heard a lot about Opera Mini and how good its suppose to be, i just wanted to know has anybody installed the newest version on O.M. on their Curve and if so how well does it work? it is that much better then the Curves browser?

jimdab no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Opera Mini on the Curve........

Works nicely for me. Just as good as it does on any other phone. The trackball is useful for navigation. I just hate that darn slow AT&T EDGE network. Coming from a Sprint EV-DO data plan I'm not used to EDGE speeds.

I think the Curve with HSDPA and a GPS would make the perfect phone. (well wifi and a camcorder wouldn't hurt either. )

bjene no está en línea Stack level 2

I installed the beta version of Opera Mini 4 on my Curve. Did it over the air and selected the high memory version after the download failed to recognize my specific device. The Curve is not recognized in either version 3 or the version 4 beta. I answered YES to the questions during setup and then finally figured out that to ACCEPT the terms, I had to enter the softkey of Q. P is the other softkey. Seems to be working OK, although I'm still figuring out basic keystrokes, such as how to enter a URL directly rather than use the search function to find the websites. From the sites I have accessed in the first few minutes, it is kind of nice. Screen isn't as large as my friend's iPhone, but the same basic functionality is there. Hopefully, they will add specifics for the Curve in the near future.

Note: The beta does not yet have all of the security measures that are found in the regular version 3 release.

You can download version 3 from operamini.com from your Curve.

You can download the version 4 beta from mini.opera.com/beta from your Curve.

You can also download to your computer from the website and install that way: www.operamini.com.

Bernie
    It's an interglacial period, *#%&@!

els718 no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by bjene
    I installed the beta version of Opera Mini 4 on my Curve. Did it over the air and selected the high memory version after the download failed to recognize my specific device. The Curve is not recognized in either version 3 or the version 4 beta. I answered YES to the questions during setup and then finally figured out that to ACCEPT the terms, I had to enter the softkey of Q. P is the other softkey. Seems to be working OK, although I'm still figuring out basic keystrokes, such as how to enter a URL directly rather than use the search function to find the websites. From the sites I have accessed in the first few minutes, it is kind of nice. Screen isn't as large as my friend's iPhone, but the same basic functionality is there. Hopefully, they will add specifics for the Curve in the near future.

Note: The beta does not yet have all of the security measures that are found in the regular version 3 release.

You can download version 3 from operamini.com from your Curve.

You can download the version 4 beta from mini.opera.com/beta from your Curve.

You can also download to your computer from the website and install that way: www.operamini.com.

Bernie

thanks a lot for the info.....i'll def try it out...