When I click on a link in an email, I want the BB browser to ... BlackBerry Curve forum

s4berry no está en línea Stack level 3

Opera Mini 5 Took Over as Default Browser

Advertisement

When I click on a link in an email, I want the BB browser to open. But Opera Mini took over as the "default" browser and opens instead. Is there a way to make the BB browser the default again?

cb4studabaker no está en línea Stack level 3
    Try deleting opera mini in you appilcations then see if it goes back to regular browsing

SGZrazberry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Just ask
    hell...opera 5 wont even work on my bold with 5.0.0.238 on it....went back to 4.2 mini
    godsdameatIluvdezlittleboxes

The answer to everything?...BBSAK http://rimgeeks.com/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=56

Sorry, I still want to keep opera. Just not for it to be the default.

Ust delete it n redownload it its free so it might work

Well cb4, you were right about removing opera. BB browser did default back. But opera takes over again when reinstalled.

I don't know then um my advice try your general options n there u can change your main browser n maybe you can change it in there

javatyger no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    U5W15H
    Its a known issue with Opera 5 Mini Beta. If you download the pervious version it'll work fine again. But the new beta installs a menu option into your berry, essentially making it the default browser when u click a link. The only way around it is to highlight the link, press menu, and you'll see Open with Operal Mini is highlighted. Go down to Get Link and it'll open in the BlackBerry browser.

Thanks for the info java. But it seems,which I just noticed, that not all links in emails open in opera 5. It seems only non-HTML links open in opera. Links in HTML emails open in the BB browser. And where the link will open in opera, I did look in the menu. "Open in Opera Mini" is there, but unfortunately "Get Link" is not. Only in those emails that will open the link in BB does "Get Link" show up in the menu. Oh well.

Incidentally, I did also go into the opera app's permission settings and tried to "deny" items one at a time to see if any controlled the browser takeover. None of it worked, except for one that totally disabled the browser. Oh well.

Thanks all.

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me
    I had the same problem opera min 5 is a great browser cept that default browser takeover, another problem with this is that it will do it with the java install links making OTA installs very annoying. in the end i uninstalled it an reinstalled 4 until they fix the problem.
    ----
    "If you aren't remembered, then you never existed." – Arisu

"I'm watching a dream I'll never wake up from.." - Spike Spiegel