Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

sounds about right... if its workin, dont fix it...... BlackBerry Curve forum

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Advertisement

sounds about right... if its workin, dont fix it...
    i see RED...

bill16 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    sorry no
    Quote Originally Posted by reddrvgon View Post
    sounds about right... if its workin, dont fix it...
    Then thank you for helping me clear that nagging worry up.I also appreciate your kindness in how you helped.
    Your tolerence and patience is admirable.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

PIN/ID
    ask me
    dont mention it man... just here to help...
    i see RED...

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    So along these same lines, say you cancel your blackberry data plan, and you use APN/TCP for opera, and some other 3rd party apps like nobex, You should be able to buy the 10$ internet service (like we got our kids) and you will be able to use them? I mean use some of the 3rd party apps without the BB data?

More specifically would google maps work? I was able to download google maps on one of my daughters pantech duo, s so i know it work using apn only, but will the black berry version be able to connect..

And as you know you dont have to have the gps for funtionaliy, rather just for precison.

Why YOU ASK ?

Well I am thinking about sending my daughter a blackberry but I refuse to pay for the BB Data plan for her, and i dont think she can afford it.
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

PIN/ID
    sorry no
    Please forgive me if I'm way off base,or say this wrong.

As you know I'm not real experenced an all.But even if it would technically work,wouldn't it be a legal problem for the cell service provider.Doesn't blackberry(rim)own exclusive rights to blackberry internet service in reguards to any other cell service as a package agreement for providing them with the rights to stock blackberry products?

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by rashard View Post
    So along these same lines, say you cancel your blackberry data plan, and you use APN/TCP for opera, and some other 3rd party apps like nobex, You should be able to buy the 10$ internet service (like we got our kids) and you will be able to use them? I mean use some of the 3rd party apps without the BB data?

More specifically would google maps work? I was able to download google maps on one of my daughters pantech duo, s so i know it work using apn only, but will the black berry version be able to connect..

And as you know you dont have to have the gps for funtionaliy, rather just for precison.

Why YOU ASK ?

Well I am thinking about sending my daughter a blackberry but I refuse to pay for the BB Data plan for her, and i dont think she can afford it.
    google maps as far as i know, will not work on a blackberry that doesnt have bb services... sorry...
    i see RED...

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by bill16 View Post
    Please forgive me if I'm way off base,or say this wrong.

As you know I'm not real experenced an all.But even if it would technically work,wouldn't it be a legal problem for the cell service provider.Doesn't blackberry(rim)own exclusive rights to blackberry internet service in reguards to any other cell service as a package agreement for providing them with the rights to stock blackberry products?
    well obviously rim will have rights to how BIS is distributed to blackberry users, and im sure they have agreements with carriers re that... but your blackberry has the "tcp/ip" settings so that you can enter your carrier's apn settings for various reasons... among them is to access your carrier's local wap settings... also to be able to use your blackberry as a tethered modem... hope that explanation makes some sense...
    i see RED...

PIN/ID
    sorry no
    Yes, thank you.Due to my cell service providers requirement for a bb data plan when buying a blackberry,I made a wrong assumption.Thanks again and I'll try to either learn faster(lol) or at least not to "assume" quite sooo much.Thanks for the info and once again for your patience.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Lol... We can never learn fast enough... A lot of information on the stacks... Some days I learn things I couldn't have imagined... There is no such thing as a wrong assumption or a bad question... Keep askin, n we'll keep answering...

PIN/ID
    sorry no
    Quote Originally Posted by reddrvgon View Post
    Lol... We can never learn fast enough... A lot of information on the stacks... Some days I learn things I couldn't have imagined... There is no such thing as a wrong assumption or a bad question... Keep askin, n we'll keep answering...
    Thank you.lol
    And don't worry,I'm "always" curious about something.So questions will undoubtedly continue to flow from me(lol).

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Good deal... Someone will always be here to answer em... And if we can't, then know that there is no answer...

derekyeu no está en línea Stack level 1
    I always wonder how or will using BIS/BES or APN to connect will affect international data roaming. I am on USA TMobile, and when I travel overseas I will add the Unlimited Blackberry International Email addon to my plan. Never got charged for using any data including emails and web surfing. Recently, subscribers of TMobile reported that they got charged for international data even if they have the Unlimited International Blackberry Email addon. I mean, they use data besides BB emails.

Just last month, in July, I traveled to Hong Kong. I used a ton of data including emails, surfing, Google Map, Facebook, MSN. You name it. All these data appear to show up on my bill already, but -- no roaming charge.

One thing I did is that I cleared my APN setting to make sure that all data goes through BIS. Does it make the difference? I don't know.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12