It may be a stupid question, but i need more explanation about the opera mini. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

sorash@aol.com no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2896B648

opera MINI?!?

Advertisement

It may be a stupid question, but i need more explanation about the opera mini. In many threads i c people talking about it. I have a lot of app but never like 2 downgrade anyone without knowing what they do n 4 what i can use it.
    Plz if there is any info about it i really appreciate it. Thx in advance.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    opera mini is another web browser.is that what you are asking?

qc_metal no está en línea Developer
    Opera Mini is very fast, overall a nice browser, but I don't like the way you interact with forms. That, and it doesn't use internal BES MDS connections when surfing, so you can't use it to get to internal BES web servers.

For home users, it should be just fine. It seems to format pages a bit better than the BB Browser.

atleastzero no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2420565A
    Quote Originally Posted by qc_metal View Post
    but I don't like the way you interact with forms.
    I actually like the way Opera Mini handles forms better than the BB built-in browser. Maybe I haven't used the BB browser enough to know how to use the forms fully, but I like knowing for sure that I'm going to be typing something in a form, rather than randomly triggering a bunch of browser shortcuts.

Also, I like viewing full resolution pages in Opera Mini, but for text based pages or very lightweight pages without a lot of styling I'll use the BB browser.

sdbryan no está en línea Stack level 1
    After upgrading to OS 4.5 I haven't really had the desire to reinstall Opera Mini. The way the new browser handles most pages works well enough for me. At least until MiniMo

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

uberspeed no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24aa4e29
    Agreed.
    I used to use Opera Mini but after 4.5 I actually uninstalled it, the new BB browser has come a looong way, I'm quite happy to say!

qc_metal no está en línea Developer
    [quote=atleastzero;843895]...but I like knowing for sure that I'm going to be typing something in a form, rather than randomly triggering a bunch of browser shortcuts.quote]

As long as your cursor is in the form, you won't trigger any browser shortcuts, but knowing whether you are in fact in there might be somewhat difficult depending on ambient light, eyesight, etc.

corlissak no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    204D9084
    i liked opera mini until it stopped working. idk what the hell happened. all of my settings are right, its just that sometimes it will work and other times it will just keep saying "connecting". so i gave up on it. i havent deleted it from my phone but i dont use it at all
    ~Strong Believer in Karma~

krissybear14 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I love opera mini! I do agree with everyone else that the 4.5 os browser is significantly better but I still use opera mini for certain things.

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    I like the fact that it can download things that the BB browser cannot.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

KellyCooper no está en línea Stack level 1
    I like it for the fact that it caches past pages. Therefore I can navigate to past pages without them having to reload. I guess the downside to this is that when you go to regular site it will load very quickly but it will be the cached version and then you will have to reload it to get the updated version of the site. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~