Has anyone been using Opera Mini on their Curve? It's been freezing up on me ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jcarter21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f28da1

Opera Mini

Advertisement

Has anyone been using Opera Mini on their Curve? It's been freezing up on me every ten minutes or so, and then I get an error message after a few more minutes. Anyone else having this problem?

artjr no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31006C6F
    Quote Originally Posted by jcarter21
    Has anyone been using Opera Mini on their Curve? It's been freezing up on me every ten minutes or so, and then I get an error message after a few more minutes. Anyone else having this problem?
    I just d/led mini opera couple of days ago and works just fine for me. However it did freeze up once on me. Think I have latest version 3.1
    Art

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

Re: Opera Mini

I haven't had a freeze yet... but, admittedly i use the BB browser more often than Opera... there for me as a back up, I guess -

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

ikasen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

When I used the Pearl, I thought Opera Mini was the better browser. I'm not sure if it's the browser or the upgraded operating system, but I thing the BB Internet Browser is now superior. I don't even bother with Opera Mini for now. I will be watching for the new version of the Opera Mini due in a couple of days.

kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

i stopped messing with opera after i noticed on not 1 but 2 phones it didnt work anymore

GBallew no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2404b3a8

I don't have any problems at all with Opera Mini. I find that the UI is better with Opera than with the Blackberry Browser...but maybe thats just me?? No problems with freezing at all and it's my primary interweb program.
    Cingular is now the new at&t

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68

Does Mini recognize your phone when you go to download it? I found with my new 8830 that it doesn't recognize it and thus askes me if I want the "high memory" device version or "low memory" version. After a couple days of using the "high memory" version it basically stopped working.

GBallew no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2404b3a8

It doesn't yet recognize newer phones. Opera is working on an updated/new version that will recognize your phone. If the high memory froze up on you, try the low for a while see if that gets any better.

...and depending on your OS, it may gum up Opera Mini, the newer OS's are better for it.
    Cingular is now the new at&t