Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So maybe I'm just an idiot, but I cannot figure out how to open attahments ... BlackBerry Curve forum

cjeezy no está en línea Stack level 3

Opening hotmail attachments?

Advertisement

So maybe I'm just an idiot, but I cannot figure out how to open attahments in hotmail when I log into my account from my BB. I do not see any menu option for "open/view attachment." Anyone have any suggestions?

Dang no one?

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    what kind of attachment is it?

Quote Originally Posted by macallik View Post
    what kind of attachment is it?
    Really anything. Yesterday I was trying to open a picture (jpeg). It says there's an attachment in the email, but there is no option to open it.

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I have my hotmail pushed to my phone and i am able to see attachments. Do you possibly have any screenshots?

Quote Originally Posted by macallik View Post
    I have my hotmail pushed to my phone and i am able to see attachments. Do you possibly have any screenshots?
    How do you take a screen shot with a BB?

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    1. When attempting to open the attachment, are you scrolling to the bottom of the email, rolling over it, then bringing up the menu?
    2. Go to Options-Advanced Options-Applications....You do have "BlackBerry Attachment" in there right?

Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB View Post
    1. When attempting to open the attachment, are you scrolling to the bottom of the email, rolling over it, then bringing up the menu?
    2. Go to Options-Advanced Options-Applications....You do have "BlackBerry Attachment" in there right?
    Yes I have BB attachment. Its odd because even under neath the subject line in the email it says there is an attachment. There's just no way to open it

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    is your Hotmail being pushed down to the device??? If it is then go in to Options>Advanced Options>Service book and delete the service books for you email accounts and then resend them from the BIS site.

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    THe other problem maybe, if the mail is a forward from some one, and this happens with Outlook alot, the origanl email, gets forwarded as an attchment, this makes and attachment with in an attachment which the BB can't handle.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

Quote Originally Posted by markgallant View Post
    is your Hotmail being pushed down to the device??? If it is then go in to Options>Advanced Options>Service book and delete the service books for you email accounts and then resend them from the BIS site.
    No I do not have my email being pushed to the device. I am just logging in through the hotmail website

PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Quote Originally Posted by cjeezy View Post
    No I do not have my email being pushed to the device. I am just logging in through the hotmail website
    OK that explains it then, that web site is looking for Java Vertual Machine to handle some of the functions. And Downloaing attachments is not supported form that site to mobile devices. Possibly with a Windows mobile phone using the Windows live built into it, but i don't think it works on there either.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

Quote Originally Posted by pda.teck View Post
    OK that explains it then, that web site is looking for Java Vertual Machine to handle some of the functions. And Downloaing attachments is not supported form that site to mobile devices. Possibly with a Windows mobile phone using the Windows live built into it, but i don't think it works on there either.
    Ok Thanks for the help. Will I be able to open attachments if I have it pushed to my BB device?

PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Quote Originally Posted by cjeezy View Post
    Ok Thanks for the help. Will I be able to open attachments if I have it pushed to my BB device?

You can try, but MSN doesn't allow POP3 access to accounts after 2004, and some accounts before that don't work either, it is very hit or miss, unless you pay for it. Gmail or yahoo can do it, RIM has an agreement with yahoo that allows it, and gmail just needs it turned on in settings>forwardin and pop. so try setting up the hotmail on your device if it works great, if it doen't there isn't anything to do but pay MSN, or change to one that is free and will work. I hope this helps
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

CrazEtooN no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    245FA336
    Send out a mass mail to all your contacts in Hotmail that you are moving to Gmail and take the plunge. This way, your important info will come to Gmail, and straight to your BB, while your junk mail and website newsletters, and the likes, will continue to go to Hotmail, and not clutter up the BB.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast