So I know you can open your messages then click: Menu -> View Folder -> ... BlackBerry Curve forum

robertmrome no está en línea Stack level 3

Open Messages to specific folder??

So I know you can open your messages then click:
    Menu -> View Folder -> then select the folder you want to view...

But, is there a way to have the messages open to a specific folder by default so I don't have to go through this process every time?

I am on BES if it makes a difference and I have my Outlook client setup so that every message that comes in filters into one of two folders... the first is a folder that contains anyone in my contact list... the other is everyone else. Now I DO want to receive both folders on my BB, but would prefer that when I open my mailbox it only displays the folder that contains my contact's emails instead of having to go through the process of hitting the extra keys.

The extra seconds I would gain every time I do so would make me forever indebted to anyone that could help here...
    (Funny how it wasn't so long ago there was no email... and now every second counts!!!)

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Unfortunately there is no way to do what you want. The closest you'll get is to make a custom search. You can access this from your Menu in messages.

Once you set a custom search, from the message screen Alt + x (where x is a letter you choose) will display only the messages you've set the search for.

When setting up the search, set the "Folder:" setting to the name of the folder you want to see.

For example, you could set up searches so that Alt + c displayed emails from those in your contact list, and Alt + e displayed emails from everyone else. You can also select whether you want to see sent and received, just sent, or just received messages.