Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24

hey whats up, i was just wondering... anyone ever drop their curve? How long have ... BlackBerry Curve forum

  1. #1
    xtasyboi_00's Avatar
    xtasyboi_00 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PIN/ID
    PM
    Posts
    1,325

    oops dopped curve!

    Advertisement



    hey whats up, i was just wondering... anyone ever drop their curve? How long have u had it? I have not mine, the hardest impact my phone took was probably getting set on the table like car keys lol.. I am glad about the rubbery side because i think it absorbs a bit of impact when u drop it..

    Looking forward to everyones response

  2. #2
    Ben721's Avatar
    Ben721 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    26

    Re: oops dopped curve!

    My bed is in a loft, so often before I climb up the ladder, I'll throw my phone up onto the bed, which really isn't as bad as it sounds. It usually just lands on the nice soft bed. But the other day, I threw it and of course I didn't have any kind of case on it, and I missed. So basically I threw it about ten feet in the air and it came landing down with a crash. The battery door and the battery both popped off, but once I put them back in everything was fine.

  3. #3
    xtasyboi_00's Avatar
    xtasyboi_00 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PIN/ID
    PM
    Posts
    1,325

    Re: oops dopped curve!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben721 View Post
    My bed is in a loft, so often before I climb up the ladder, I'll throw my phone up onto the bed, which really isn't as bad as it sounds. It usually just lands on the nice soft bed. But the other day, I threw it and of course I didn't have any kind of case on it, and I missed. So basically I threw it about ten feet in the air and it came landing down with a crash. The battery door and the battery both popped off, but once I put them back in everything was fine.
    Ouch.. thats not bad... do you think the curve is made as tough as the 8700?

  4. #4
    Mizzou's Avatar
    Mizzou no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    PIN/ID
    20E22C7E
    Posts
    51

    Re: oops dopped curve!

    I was trying to put mine into my Seidio holster and my shirt was in the way, so when I thought it was all the way in I let go. After I put my battery cover back and threw out a few choice words toward myself I got over it (except for the scratches)

  5. #5
    brent1202's Avatar
    brent1202 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    13

    Re: oops dopped curve!

    i dropped mine at the store on a tile floor, im 6'4 and i dropped it from my ear. the battery door and battery came off, the trackball and ring around the trackball shot out of the floor. the battery and door when back in fine, the trackball how ever broke. i have ordered a new trackball. the phone has a couple scratches. i dont like the design of the trackball ring, its made with really small cheap teeth that hold it in. oh well.

  6. #6
    magellan0547's Avatar
    magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    May 2007
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27
    Posts
    770

    Re: oops dopped curve!

    ya scratches seem to be the only complaint, but that can be expected when you drop anyhting!...dropped mine a few weeks ago in dirt and grass while walking the dog (mostly dirt, landed face down in there)...but nothing happened...phew !

  7. #7
    nova609's Avatar
    nova609 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    108

    Re: oops dopped curve!

    mine actually fell out of a golf cart and by buddy driving a cart behind me actually ran over it!! thank goodness for the grass or i may be using a different tone! to hell with cart paths!!...lol they say it's pretty much impossible to hurt a blackberry, hope thats true!

  8. #8
    cherrichiodo's Avatar
    cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Posts
    17,164

    Re: oops dopped curve!

    i've dropped mine a few times slippery little suckers

    but this curve had a BSE on it the minute it came out of the box...and i alternate between the vaja and seidio hybrid, so we are well protected

  9. #9
    demyxxx's Avatar
    demyxxx no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    PIN/ID
    30684914
    Posts
    72

    Re: oops dopped curve!

    I was out driving around, and its been raining in southern california. I had my 8320 on my lap, went out, TOTALLY forgot I put it there. Dropped in a puddle(coulndt hear it drop cause it hit water, and not like hard floor.) I looked down, and thought huh.. Pretty lights.. Waaaaiiittt.. That kinda looks like my BB Wallpaper... Aaannnnddd by THEN I realized that it was my BB in the puddle.. Completely drowned.. But hey! Still works like new! No scratches or anything. I just had to put it in rice(grains) so it dries it off for a couple of days(hellish couple of days without my BB). So that's the story.. If it drowned I guess it won't die(I wouldn't suggest anybody doing that for kicks though my heart dropped and almost cried on the spot when that happened.. Hahaha!)~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

  10. #10
    markmercado's Avatar
    markmercado no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    PIN/ID
    24267CF8
    Posts
    75

    Re: oops dopped curve!

    Down the escalator at the mall. The Blackberry skin saved it
    Last edited by markmercado; 12-04-2007 at 10:08 PM. Reason: misspell

  11. #11
    xtasyboi_00's Avatar
    xtasyboi_00 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PIN/ID
    PM
    Posts
    1,325

    Re: oops dopped curve!

    wow i have not dropped mine, i don't know.. everytime i baby my phone thats when i get all the worst things... just use my ex gf (pearl) as an example lol.. i use to baby it too much and then it dropped and my trackball just stopped working. so i try to just not care about the curve much and there scratch free i guess hahaha.

  12. #12
    xtasyboi_00's Avatar
    xtasyboi_00 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PIN/ID
    PM
    Posts
    1,325

    Re: oops dopped curve!

    Quote Originally Posted by nova609 View Post
    mine actually fell out of a golf cart and by buddy driving a cart behind me actually ran over it!! thank goodness for the grass or i may be using a different tone! to hell with cart paths!!...lol they say it's pretty much impossible to hurt a blackberry, hope thats true!
    ouch haha. well i dont know about the newer BlackBerrys maybe the tough 8700 can withstand it

  13. #13
    xtasyboi_00's Avatar
    xtasyboi_00 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PIN/ID
    PM
    Posts
    1,325

    Re: oops dopped curve!

    Quote Originally Posted by brent1202 View Post
    i dropped mine at the store on a tile floor, im 6'4 and i dropped it from my ear. the battery door and battery came off, the trackball and ring around the trackball shot out of the floor. the battery and door when back in fine, the trackball how ever broke. i have ordered a new trackball. the phone has a couple scratches. i dont like the design of the trackball ring, its made with really small cheap teeth that hold it in. oh well.
    man! it shattered into pieces!
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    i've dropped mine a few times slippery little suckers

    but this curve had a BSE on it the minute it came out of the box...and i alternate between the vaja and seidio hybrid, so we are well protected
    protect your investment right!?
    Last edited by xtasyboi_00; 12-05-2007 at 03:36 AM. Reason: Automerged.

  14. #14
    PhxBlue's Avatar
    PhxBlue no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    PIN/ID
    NO!
    Posts
    308

    Re: oops dopped curve!

    I drop mine regularly. Its all scratched up but still works perfectly.

  15. #15
    aswanideep's Avatar
    aswanideep no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    512
    Quote Originally Posted by PhxBlue View Post
    I drop mine regularly. Its all scratched up but still works perfectly.
    I've a pearl , always touches floor, sometime twice a day, but working perfect , some scrathes and track ball hard , I'm loving it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •