Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 23 of 23

Originally Posted by archer6 The 8320 is a great proven BB. The Curve 8900 is ... BlackBerry Curve forum

  1. #16
    Helmdawg's Avatar
    Helmdawg no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    90

    Advertisement



    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    The 8320 is a great proven BB. The Curve 8900 is unproven. And if it's as buggy and filled with problems as the other new BB's, you will be much better off with the 8320. I've purchased FOUR Bolds, as I'm on AT&T and all four were defective, had lots of problems and just wasted my time and money. I'm now back to using my Trusty Curve 8310 and could not be happier. AT&T has them on sale for only $79.99 with a 2yr extension. I don't know about T-Mobile.

    While I'm extremely interested in the Curve 8900, I'm waiting, as I've seen the RIM upgrade map and they are following the 8900 with a second gen 89xx in about 4 to 6 months. That's the one to have as it will have all the bugs worked out, and will be 3G. Think 8300 vs 8310 or 8320. Same path.

    So if you want a great BlackBerry that you can just enjoy and not have to mess with you want an 8320 hands down. I wouldn't think twice. I would grab one before they are discontinued.
    Archer: Is there any info with respect to carriers on RIM's upgrade map? BTW- Thanks for all the info. you are providing!

  2. #17
    GaryF's Avatar
    GaryF no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    5,432
    I have both, and it really depends on your preference, the 8320 offers a bigger screen and the full keyboard. The 8120 offers the smaller size unit and suretype. Suretype takes a little getting used to but I am currently using the 8220 flip and must say that I am faster with the 4.6 Suretype than I am with my 8320. The KB on the 8320 is a bit tight (small keys and tight spacing), IMO, so you might want to go play with one a bit to see what you think.
    BlackBerry® Certified Support Specialist
    The Shark Tank

  3. #18
    archer6's Avatar
    archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,996
    Quote Originally Posted by sarge_44 View Post
    Would you say the Pearl 8120 or the Curve. I ask this because I see there are have the same features besides the keyboard
    Great Question!
    That's why I qualified my comments as the best (for me). I have an 8120 and 8110. They are every bit as good as a Curve. In fact I really like SureType and I'm actually a bit faster with it than with full qwerty. However that said I have large hands and the Pearl is a bit too small to use as my everyday, business/personal BlackBerry. However that is the very reason I have more than one line. In the evenings or weekends I enjoy grabbing a pearl to go. I really like the small size and how easy it is to just pop into my pocket. So I would say that Curve 83xx vs. Pearl 81xx is all a matter of personal preference. You cannot go wrong with either. They are the best of the best and I'm not sure then new models are going to be that much better. A few more features yes, but a lot better, I simply don't think so. In fact just a bit of additional info. My Curve 8310 will sync with my Outlook database of 3,200 contacts faster by a minute than when I did that same operation with the Bold. So, once again proving that newer is not always better, and less is more...

    Cheers...


  4. #19
    sarge_44's Avatar
    sarge_44 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    100
    I am coming from the Pearl 8100 and the reason I was looking at the 8320 is because I wanted to try something different. I like the size of the pearl, but I like the fact that the curve adds a different element than I am used to (size & Keyboard). That being said, I like the fact that i can just through it in my pocket and since I am into road biking, i like the fact that i can fit it into a small pack.

    What I am going to use this phone for the most besides calls is email and google maps.

    About two months ago, I was set on a 8320, but the more I think about it, it 8120, might work best for me. I am sure i will end up desiding when I am at the store that day. Dec. 17th is the big day.

  5. #20
    archer6's Avatar
    archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,996
    Quote Originally Posted by sarge_44 View Post
    I am either going to get it from Best Buy or Walmart. From what I heard, they are both cheaper on an upgrade/renewal than a tmobile store.
    Be very careful if you decide to get it from Walmart or Best Buy. They are not always cheaper. They have to follow the carriers policies and as such their deals are often the same or more expensive. Although their clever structuring will list lower up front prices, you must be patient & read the terms of the contract. If you simply listen to the sales person often they are not trained properly & will tell you just enough to make the sale. At the end of the day if their deal is less expensive its only by a very small amount. Hardly worth the hassle. At least by going into the carrier direct they will not mislead you. Plus if you buy from the carrier & have a problem with the phone they are going to recognize you and be more willing to work with you. That can be very valuable. .
    Sent via Curve 8310
    the BlackBerry that just works!

  6. #21
    archer6's Avatar
    archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,996
    Quote Originally Posted by sarge_44 View Post
    That's interesting. I checked and if you go under your account through "My Tmobile" for an upgrade its there, but if you sign out and try to buy it with a new line, its not there. I wonder why?????
    .
    Because they are running low on inventory & are giving their loyal customers the opportunity to get one of the last while they have them in stock. It's a common practice with AT&T and T-Mo.
    .
    Sent via Curve 8310
    the BlackBerry that just works!

  7. #22
    archer6's Avatar
    archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,996
    Quote Originally Posted by Helmdawg View Post
    Archer: Is there any info with respect to carriers on RIM's upgrade map? BTW- Thanks for all the info. you are providing!
    .
    There is only so much that I can share at any particular time. Thus it's a good idea to simply watch my various posts for clues, as well as subscribing to my Blog here on PinStack.
    .
    Sent via Archer's BlackBerry

  8. #23
    Helmdawg's Avatar
    Helmdawg no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    90
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    .
    There is only so much that I can share at any particular time. Thus it's a good idea to simply watch my various posts for clues, as well as subscribing to my Blog here on PinStack.
    .
    Sent via Archer's BlackBerry
    Will do Archer, Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •