Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Not trying to speculate here but is there any reason why Tmo website only has ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Helmdawg no está en línea Stack level 2

Only sunset Curve on Tmo Website

Advertisement

Not trying to speculate here but is there any reason why Tmo website only has the sunset/red curve listed on its website? Typically if they were out of stock, they would still list that phone......

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    This is a typical indicator that T-mo are about to discontinue the 83xx Curves. The replacement will then appear. There is never any announcement when the carrier decides to drop a unit. They will still appear on RIM's official site, as you will notice that many older BlackBerrys still are shown on RIM's site. I've been with RIM through several product cycles & this is the pattern. I'm also a T-Mobile & AT&T client. They both handle this the same way. Also just because its disappeared off the T-Mobile site, does not mean its going to drop off the AT&T site, until they have replacements. A first hand example is when AT&T was about to drop the 7130c which was one of my favorites. I noticed the same thing you have. I called AT&T and they denied they were dropping it. Just to be safe I ordered one. The next day a friend of mine decided to do the same. On that day, they were gone off the site, so he called in & they said they were no longer available.
    Sent via Curve 8310
    the BlackBerry that just works!

Helmdawg no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    This is a typical indicator that T-mo are about to discontinue the 83xx Curves. The replacement will then appear. There is never any announcement when the carrier decides to drop a unit. They will still appear on RIM's official site, as you will notice that many older BlackBerrys still are shown on RIM's site. I've been with RIM through several product cycles & this is the pattern. I'm also a T-Mobile & AT&T client. They both handle this the same way. Also just because its disappeared off the T-Mobile site, does not mean its going to drop off the AT&T site, until they have replacements. A first hand example is when AT&T was about to drop the 7130c which was one of my favorites. I noticed the same thing you have. I called AT&T and they denied they were dropping it. Just to be safe I ordered one. The next day a friend of mine decided to do the same. On that day, they were gone off the site, so he called in & they said they were no longer available.
    Sent via Curve 8310
    the BlackBerry that just works!
    So basically, they will not list a titanium 8320 now and HOPEFULLY replace it with the Javelin 8900?

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27
    that is what we're hoping...rather have the new GSM storm though

sarge_44 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I am in the market for the curve 8320 in two weeks. So should I still get one or think about getting something else?

beamolite no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23F73F86
    Quote Originally Posted by sarge_44 View Post
    I am in the market for the curve 8320 in two weeks. So should I still get one or think about getting something else?
    If I was you I would wait for the Javelin. I think it should be very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by beamolite View Post
    If I was you I would wait for the Javelin. I think it should be very soon.
    I see that it is not coming out until mid 2009. I can't wait that long, my pearl wont make it to Christmas.

The 8320 is a great proven BB. The Curve 8900 is unproven. And if it's as buggy and filled with problems as the other new BB's, you will be much better off with the 8320. I've purchased FOUR Bolds, as I'm on AT&T and all four were defective, had lots of problems and just wasted my time and money. I'm now back to using my Trusty Curve 8310 and could not be happier. AT&T has them on sale for only $79.99 with a 2yr extension. I don't know about T-Mobile.

While I'm extremely interested in the Curve 8900, I'm waiting, as I've seen the RIM upgrade map and they are following the 8900 with a second gen 89xx in about 4 to 6 months. That's the one to have as it will have all the bugs worked out, and will be 3G. Think 8300 vs 8310 or 8320. Same path.

So if you want a great BlackBerry that you can just enjoy and not have to mess with you want an 8320 hands down. I wouldn't think twice. I would grab one before they are discontinued.

That is kind of what I am thinking. I am either going to go with the curve 8320 or the pearl 8120. I hope they still have the Titanium curve in two weeks.

I am either going to get it from Best Buy or Walmart. From what I heard, they are both cheaper on an upgrade/renewal than a tmobile store.

PIN/ID
    23F73F86
    The Curve 8320 Titanium is back up on the website, at least for upgrades.

Tre Lawrence no está en línea Developer
    The 8320 is a great proven BB. The Curve 8900 is unproven. And if it's as buggy and filled with problems as the other new BB's, you will be much better off with the 8320. I've purchased FOUR Bolds, as I'm on AT&T and all four were defective, had lots of problems and just wasted my time and money. I'm now back to using my Trusty Curve 8310 and could not be happier. AT&T has them on sale for only $79.99 with a 2yr extension. I don't know about T-Mobile.

While I'm extremely interested in the Curve 8900, I'm waiting, as I've seen the RIM upgrade map and they are following the 8900 with a second gen 89xx in about 4 to 6 months. That's the one to have as it will have all the bugs worked out, and will be 3G. Think 8300 vs 8310 or 8320. Same path.

So if you want a great BlackBerry that you can just enjoy and not have to mess with you want an 8320 hands down. I wouldn't think twice. I would grab one before they are discontinued.
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by beamolite View Post
    The Curve 8320 Titanium is back up on the website, at least for upgrades.
    That's interesting. I checked and if you go under your account through "My Tmobile" for an upgrade its there, but if you sign out and try to buy it with a new line, its not there. I wonder why?????

I have every new BlackBerry that has been sold via AT&T & T-Mobile (two of my carriers, as I have a few lines) in the last three years and I will say that the very best BlackBerry (in my opinion) is the Curve 83xx series. No question about it. My 8310 has been in service as my main BlackBerry for the last year, the longest I've ever used the same phone as my main line, and I must say it's as good today as it was on day one. And that is saying a lot. That's why just last week I went to AT&T and bought another new one, as a spare to keep new in the box just in case something happens to this one. The very poor, unnaceptable experience I had with the last FOUR Bolds, as well as the Two Storms (I also have Verizon) has been dreadful. If they are great I will tell you that. If they are not I will tell you that too. I'm not the type of person to defend my purchases. A lot of guys cannot admit they made a mistake or had a problem because for them it's all about being right.

That's my take....

PIN/ID
    23F73F86
    That's interesting. I checked and if you go under your account through "My Tmobile" for an upgrade its there, but if you sign out and try to buy it with a new line, its not there. I wonder why?????
    I was curious and checked to as well. It was the same for me, for upgrade but not new line.

I have every new BlackBerry that has been sold via AT&T & T-Mobile (two of my carriers, as I have a few lines) in the last three years and I will say that the very best BlackBerry (in my opinion) is the Curve 83xx series. No question about it. My 8310 has been in service as my main BlackBerry for the last year, the longest I've ever used the same phone as my main line, and I must say it's as good today as it was on day one. And that is saying a lot. That's why just last week I went to AT&T and bought another new one, as a spare to keep new in the box just in case something happens to this one. The very poor, unnaceptable experience I had with the last FOUR Bolds, as well as the Two Storms (I also have Verizon) has been dreadful. If they are great I will tell you that. If they are not I will tell you that too. I'm not the type of person to defend my purchases. A lot of guys cannot admit they made a mistake or had a problem because for them it's all about being right.

That's my take....
    Would you say the Pearl 8120 or the Curve. I ask this because I see they have the same features besides the keyboard
    Last edited by sarge_44; 12-04-2008 at 06:59 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast