My problem is that when I copy mp3's to the SD card in the Curve, ... BlackBerry Curve forum

GeoMan no está en línea Stack level 2

Only some of my mp3s show up in the Curve

Advertisement

My problem is that when I copy mp3's to the SD card in the Curve, I can't "see" all the songs. i only see some of them. Why wouldn't all the songs be available...I have a 4 gig SD card.

TheJuggalo no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    did you give it time to load mine took like 10 mins in the music option for all to show up

tigerbluemusic no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have this same problem with my 16 gig card. Some tracks appear when I search under artist but then not under albums and visa versa. Very bizarre.

phatmanxxl no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3M TA3
    Did you guys make sure everything is filled out in the summery under propertys on the Mp3? Like artisat album and song title? Sometimes if those are left blank the song won't show up on the phone

tigerbluemusic no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by phatmanxxl View Post
    Did you guys make sure everything is filled out in the summery under propertys on the Mp3? Like artisat album and song title? Sometimes if those are left blank the song won't show up on the phone
    Good point. I hadn't checked that. While iTunes might show all the details that doesn't mean they've been written to the I'd tag. Will have a look at some examples.

What if the ID information IS missing? Shouldn't they still show up under "all?"
    I don't care much about being able to group them in any way...for starters, I'd at least like to see them under "all," and I can't.

RedNightHawk no está en línea Stack level 3
    If you go to Media> Menu Key> Explore, and navigate to your music folder, do you see a full list of files there?

Don't know which OS you're using or how you're getting the MP3's to the phone, but as of OS 4.5 there seems to be a module on the phone that's supposed to provide a list of media to other modules. Typically when you open up the Media app and new media has been loaded you'll see "Scanning" (might be searching, can't recall) at the bottom meaning it's refreshing the list. Some people have had issues with it not refreshing the list properly. A battery pull will sometimes force a refresh.

I also recall someone mentioning a 1500 file limit. I don't know if that's true or not though.

adam.sn no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    4c7dab38
    4.5 seems to be alot better with this. I had the same problem and you just have to do a battery pull and go into media manager and then the artist section and leave it to load for a while.... but yeah... upgrade to 4.5 its way better.

I see all the files on the disk when I view it on the computer, and I see them all using your suggestion to go through Media:Explore:Music...they just don't show in "music" under my media icon. The battery pull seemed to help, but I think there are still some missing.

Now, sorry about these simple questions.....how do I upgrade to 4.5, and is it 4.5 on the Desktop Manager, or OS 4.5 in the PDA? I looked at this forum and there seems to be both. I'm with AT&T and it looks like they only go to 4.3.

Thanks.

Thanks to everyone that chimed in. Taking the battery out indeed helped update the MP3 list. The tip about seeing the files in "Explore" was great, because then I was able to make subdirectories that basically act like songlists. Kind of a good end-around the lack of real grouping power compared to iPod's.....and if there are any tips on how to see different songlists through the route of Media:Music, please let me know.

Thanks again.