After being assured that the Blackberry 8310 Curve quad band could be utilized in France ... BlackBerry Curve forum

carverkirk no está en línea Stack level 1

Question How does one send/receive email on 8310 curve in France

Advertisement

After being assured that the Blackberry 8310 Curve quad band could be utilized in France and subsequently Chad, Africa (our final destination), I have been unable to configure the device to send/receive email in France. I can access the web, but no email. The personal email setup icon is not present on the screen or during the initial setup process. I have no experience with Blackberry's and am in need of some aide.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Who is your service provider?

Usually there is a BIS (Blackberry Internet Service) page that you must create an account and then you are able to set-up your internet. Your PIN and IMEI must be registered to the RIM servers and then you should be able to get email.

carverkirk no está en línea Stack level 1
    The ISP is orange.fr. I am able to connect to the web and view various sites. I just cannot enable the email. There is a BIS but no personal email setup icon. Our email server is gbim.org

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    I know this sounds dumb but...

hit menu and check show all
    it may just be hidden.
    if you have internet access from a computer you can find your phone providers BIS page and set things up. I would imagine it would push everything to your phone automatically. if that works you would see a new icon for your E-mail box.

I hope that this helps
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey