Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

All I did was downloaded and installed desktop manager 4.7 from BB's site, hooked up ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Slovak65 no está en línea Stack level 2

OMG! I got the Alltel Curve 4.5 OS

Advertisement

All I did was downloaded and installed desktop manager 4.7 from BB's site, hooked up my Alltel Curve, went to app loader>update software, and it found 4.5 and installed it flawlessly!
    Oddly this 4.5 is nowhere to be found on BB's OS downoad section, or Alltel's as of typing this post.
    Enjoy.
    Last edited by doughdaddy; 11-20-2008 at 07:56 AM.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Funny I will have to try this when I get home. What are the version numbers. Did you have any other os installed to your PC.I just had my curve hooked to DM last night and nothing. So I will see later. Thanks for the info.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

justjpo no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31612F1C
    I did this as well this morning... After doing so, I lost the facebook app on the homescreen and the preloaded pics...? ? ? ? Kinda weird, any thoughts...?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Preloaded pics are removed in all 4.5 upgrades. As for facebook I don't know. What version does it give when it does this upgrade?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

odus no está en línea Stack level 1
    there is a think on the blackberry site u can click to update the blackberrys i tried on my Tmobile 8100 and it said i had the most up to date sigh.... but there is a thing under blackberry device software for the 4.5 update.

PIN/ID
    31612F1C
    It gives version 1.2.0..

eazid no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by justjpo View Post
    I did this as well this morning... After doing so, I lost the facebook app on the homescreen and the preloaded pics...? ? ? ? Kinda weird, any thoughts...?
    Just reinstall facebook OTA, overwrite the app.... then you should be fine... make sure your settings are intact (if they go default on you)
    "Who Dares Wins"

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Same here. Facebook was in applications but no icon after upgrade. Just downloaded a new copy

kingbapho no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3024BC9C
    I did alltell 4.5 for my pearl no issues at all and I live in canada ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

So far mms seems to fully work...without docs2go installed, but not with on my phone. Can anyone else confirm this?

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    What's the version number? 4.5.0.??

PIN/ID
    31612F1C
    I just did an OTA download, replacing the old copy of the facebook application, and everything is back to normal!!! Thanks so much for the help everyone!!!

Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    What's the version number? 4.5.0.??

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Ok I just installed DM on my new laptop so it was a clean install. I connected my BB and opened device manager. I looked in apps and it showed no OS installed just listed all my apps. I then backed out of app loader and went into device update. To my surprise there was a window showing me 2 available OS for my device. One was the .97 I have been running for a couple of weeks now and the other was .89 which next to it had (recommended). I will not say this is an Alltel updated OS because I am not sure.

I would almost guess how ever it would have to be because the web updater updates based on PIN so I am almost certain that DM would do the same when checking web for updates. Not sure if this sheds any more light on this but hopefully it will help someone else.

I would use the .89 personally, since it is the version that everyone is getting from dm 4.7 for theit Alltel Curve.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast