Hello Gang: I currently have an older (no wifi) 8320 that I purchased for my ... BlackBerry Curve forum

HSA
    HSA no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down Older Curve Crashes

Advertisement

Hello Gang:

I currently have an older (no wifi) 8320 that I purchased for my wife in Nov 0f 2007. The carrier is AT&T. Lately when she is on the phone it will crash after being on the phone for just 5 minutes. At first we will hear static and then we get the dreaded hourglass. Should I reinatall the operating system? Should I wait for the new one (version 4.5) to come out tomorrow before doing so? Lastly, could you please walk me through the installation process?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HSA

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    HSA,

The latest official OS versions can be gotten from here. The instructions from here.

If you'd rather wait and get them from your own carrier that's not a bad choice, especially if you think it's coming out tomorrow. I'd advise upgrading in any case before you give up on the phone. You may have a phone problem and, if you do, it'll probably show up on either OS release. Since you didn't say what release you're now on with the 8320 (I assume some version of 4.2) it may be the phone itself that has a problem. In that case I'd contact you provider to see what upgrade possibilities are available to you. Hope that helps - good luck.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    HSA, I just noticed this post that came out after my above post - I thought you might want to be aware of it. You can still upgrade your device with any carriers OS - just pay close attention to the instructions. Go slow, it make take from 30-60 minutes and remember to delete the vendor file (it's in the instructions) after you install to your p-c and before you install to your handset.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com