Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

I dont know what the difference is, but on my new device I got last ... BlackBerry Curve forum

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Old Pro needs Help Troubleshooting Curve/Calendar Problem

Advertisement

I dont know what the difference is, but on my new device I got last night, every sync is working perfectly. Things that are new in my outlook are going to my phone and new things in my phone are going to my outlook. This goes for both contacts and calendar. The only thing that changed was when I got my new device I actually signed up for a BB plan and got rid of the (non-compatible)mediamax feature.

Regardless, I hope this stays.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Well done Hyper. The difference is the fact that with the BB data plan, you were allowed to register your BB with the RIM network and get the service book identified with the work around. Check Options/Advanced Options/Service Book to see if you now have an BlackBerry Internet service[CICAL] book listed

Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Last edited by Rcbjr; 06-15-2007 at 10:12 PM.

Jezlennard no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    250A31e1

HELP!! I got an 8300 Curve on O2 (UK network) and am having all of the calendar issues described above (duplicates when synching and 0 entries showing in options. I spoke to RIM and they said it is a known fault with no known fix yet. Other than that I love the Curve and disappointed that I have ended up returning it and have been given a Pearl (which I hate). I have until next Friday to work out if there is a fix so that I can go and ask them for another Curve or else I am stuck with the Pearl (8100) for 12 months. Can anyone please help me?!?!?!

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Did you try the work around. Unless your still on BIS 1.8, it should work for you.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr

umbertoc no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks to everyone who's been contributing to this thread. It has been extremely helpful. I am on the Rogers network in Canada and we still use BIS 1.8 so unfortunately, the work around isn't an option for me. I'm a longtime BB user (this is probably my 5th unit) and I love them but I too have been extremely disappointed with the fact that they released this version with such a glaring error - it really does interfere with the functionality of the unit!

Since I couldn't use the work-around and I need my calendar to be mobile, I have been entering appointments directly onto the blackberry and forgoing having an updated calendar in Outlook. My question is this: If and when they release a fix, I don't see how we'll get our appointments to sync back with outlook, since as I understand, the problem is that the appointments aren't being stored on the calendar application, but rather on the unit's base calendar. Is this correct? Does anyone have insight or thoughts into this? I hate the idea of having to manually re-enter appointments once again!

Umberto

PIN/ID
    250A31e1

Question Re: Old Pro needs Help Troubleshooting Curve/Calendar Problem

Hi. Sorry but I don't know what BIS 1.8 is but I guess this is also me as the workaround does not work. I am at a complete loss as to what to do next: RIM and O2 have no idea when the problem will be solved. I have swapped the Curve for a Pearl which I really don't like so my options are (a) Go back to the curve which everyone acknowledges does not sync properly, (b) stick with the curve which I do't like as I find the Suretype input method very annoying compared to a full QWERTY keyboard. Does anyone know how long RIM are likely to take to fix a problem such as this? Thanks in advance.

PIN/ID
    250A31e1

Hi. Firstly, let me dispel the myth that I'm an idiot!! Clearly BIS and BES are Blackberry Internet Service and Blackberry Enterprise Server. I'm obviously on BIB (Brain is broken). Anyway, I hope this helps someone. I went in to the O2 retail store today and guess who was there - none other than the RIM / Blackberry representative. Well, how pleased was I?? Anyway, the short version of a very long conversation that we had is as follows:
    (1) Blackberry know about this problem
    (2) They are working on a hotfix but as yet have no idea when that will be available.
    (3) There is a workaround on the Blackberry site but it's of limited use and they don't guarantee it will work. (Go to the Blackberry Technical Solution Centre on their website and type in "Blackberry curve calendar 0" and it will come up. Their document ID is KB13330).
    (4) This is being treated as a priority so keep checking the Blackberry website for updates.

Hope this is of some use.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Thanks for the verification of earlier posts in this thread. Glad to see the RIM reps visiting your stores are keeping up to date.

Rcbjr

macgirl no está en línea Stack level 1

My calendar sync issue is slightly different. Technically, it does sync but it moves the time of my appointments to 5 hours earlier on my blackberry and my Mac. I am using entourage for my calendar, mac os 10.4.8, blackberry curve device with pocketmac 4.0.2. Everyone else in my office with a blackberry curve is also experiencing this same issue.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Have you checked the time zone settings for the BB and in entourage to make sure they match? That's the only thing I can think of. I'm not a mac user so don't really know about how pocketmac.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

RIM has released a patch for the 8300/8830 calendar problem, check this thread, Curve Calendar Patch for links and more information.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr

whippenboy no está en línea Stack level 1

I am not an old pro, but I need some help. After buying my new Curve, I tried syncing the calendar using PocketMac and Missing Sync (yes, im a mac user) and found the CICAL missing for BIS. This seems to be the problem, my calender has 0 entries, but the appts are still there (that i put in). I am not a subscriber to BIS and I don't have a BES account (i think i've got this statement correct), but I need the BIS CICAL (I think). I use AT&T for phone service, but i dont need email service via any blackberry type provider, i just like the curve and want to use its phone/calendar/addr book etc.

How can I get the CICALs on my curve? I've downloaded desktop manager 4.2.2.14 and have version 4.2.2.89 via a Vista box that I also own. I've installed the latest software/apps from AT&T site:

8300EFIGS_Dutch_PBr4.2.2_rel186_PL2.4.0.39_A4.2.2. 89_AT&T

but still no luck w/sync. Do I have to connect to Blackberry's site to do it? I'll check this column, but if you have some info please email me a whippenboy@gmail.com

thanks

Dream Rider no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by whippenboy
    I am not an old pro, but I need some help. After buying my new Curve, I tried syncing the calendar using PocketMac and Missing Sync (yes, im a mac user) and found the CICAL missing for BIS. This seems to be the problem, my calender has 0 entries, but the appts are still there (that i put in). I am not a subscriber to BIS and I don't have a BES account (i think i've got this statement correct), but I need the BIS CICAL (I think). I use AT&T for phone service, but i dont need email service via any blackberry type provider, i just like the curve and want to use its phone/calendar/addr book etc.

How can I get the CICALs on my curve? I've downloaded desktop manager 4.2.2.14 and have version 4.2.2.89 via a Vista box that I also own. I've installed the latest software/apps from AT&T site:

8300EFIGS_Dutch_PBr4.2.2_rel186_PL2.4.0.39_A4.2.2. 89_AT&T

but still no luck w/sync. Do I have to connect to Blackberry's site to do it? I'll check this column, but if you have some info please email me a whippenboy@gmail.com

thanks
    I recommend you do a backup in Desktop Manager and use the advanced feature. Select everything except your calendar. Make sure you have all your appointments entered into your calendar on your desk top. Next do a device wipe. Install this patch to deal with the 0 entries problem.
    http://www.blackberry.com/select/calendarPatch2007/

After the patch you can do a restore and now sync with your calendar. Should deal with the problem your are having - been there did that. This worked for me.
    If you're going to dream - Dream Large!

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

whippenboy,

in the post preceding yours, I provided a link to a thread that discussed the resolution to the problem that was the focus of this thread and your post. If you read that thread you will find a link in the fifth post that goes to the OTA installation of the patch that will correct your OS without having to use desktop manager, which is Windows only.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789