Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

For the same reason some have the problem and others don't. It's part of the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Old Pro needs Help Troubleshooting Curve/Calendar Problem

Advertisement

For the same reason some have the problem and others don't. It's part of the symptoms. As I was told by RIM tech support it's wide spread but not total.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

lark no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    For the same reason some have the problem and others don't. It's part of the symptoms. As I was told by RIM tech support it's wide spread but not total.

Rcbjr.
    I believe I read in this thread that RIM has a fix for this problem, but AT&T has not sent it out. Since the issue is not on all 8300s, I am wondering whether it would be easier to exchange the 8300 for a new one. Possibly the more recent batch to come to AT&T d/n have this issue?

Or is it really just hit or miss? Just as likley to happen on a new one?

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

From what I understand, it's more hit than miss with the problem and probaby until the new software is rolled out a new one is just as likely to have it. And, if it is software related, and AT&T hasn't released the update, I would imagine that any new one from AT&T would not have the new software either. I would believe it would be more likely that it will take some time to the update into the delivered BBs. I haven't heard of any Carrier Releasing a new version of the OS, since it was said that there is an corrected set of software. Until I see the KB article updated to say there is a solution and not just a work around, I'm just going to sit back and wait.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

just looking no está en línea Stack level 1

I don't have the keep appointments option either. Will resending the Service Books bring that feature to the device? Sorry if that's a rediculous question... I've never dealt with service books before (this is my first BB).

(no longer) Just Looking

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

I'm not sure, hasn't for me, but then I can't solve the whole thing. How many entries are shown at the bottom of the calendar Options screen?

Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by just looking
    I don't have the keep appointments option either. Will resending the Service Books bring that feature to the device? Sorry if that's a rediculous question... I've never dealt with service books before (this is my first BB).

(no longer) Just Looking
    Resending the Service Books did not bring the appointment option for me. Even when I thought the problem was fixed, that option never appeared. From what I understand, this is a symptom of the problem.

I followed the directions in a previous thread - backing up; clearing calandar; new Service Book; then re-synch. It appeared to work, and it did work on the initial re-synch. Subsequent sychs, however, result in the same problem. DM wants to delete appointments in Outlook.

For now I am clearing the calander on the BB before every synch. I hope this gets fixed soon, because it certainly reduces the value of the device.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

First off, I've never had DM want to delete events is outlook. That is not listed as a symptom of this problem. Next, rather than clearing the BB calendar, which if the sync does work would want to delete events in outlook, just fo in to your sync configuration and set the method to import.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    First off, I've never had DM want to delete events is outlook. That is not listed as a symptom of this problem. Next, rather than clearing the BB calendar, which if the sync does work would want to delete events in outlook, just fo in to your sync configuration and set the method to import.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr
    I thought deletions in Outlook was a symptom?

I just went to DM; Synch; Configure; and selected Advanced options for calendar. I then selected Outlook wins, and selected synch now.

The same thing happened. 256 items will be deleted in Outlook; 1 addition to handheld. I just cancel the synch.

I have a date range of 365 back and 365 forward.

Am I having a different problem?

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

On your BB, open the calendar, open options, scroll to the bottom of the screen. Below the line, you'll see number of entries. How many so you have?

Rcbjr

I have 125 entries

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Then you have a different problem from the one this thread is about. The subject of this thread is the problem identified in BTSC articlw KB13330. One of the identifying symptoms as given earlier is calender shows 0 entries.

I suggest you start a new thread, detailing exactly what the symptoms you have, so we can trouble shoot is separately, withou confusion.

Rcbjr

Thank you, I will start that.

jadameb no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by tymann
    Calendar entry set is Zero is the technical issue that BB is calling it. When you go to calendar and hit the menu button, scroll to the bottom and number of entries is ZERO. Cingular is working on a new software release but there is no timeline. If you're working off a BES you will not experience this issue.

hello im on bes and the Calendar entries created on my Curve will not synchronize

i would like to know if other bes has the same problem

mcgowan08 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

I not holding out hope at this point but so far w/ Rogers the following features are working:

Able to sync without duplicates, entries made in pim go to device and vice versa.

Calendar reminders are working.

That being said the same happened with the O2 os with the exception of the reminders and then all hell broke loose so who knows. Might be worth a shot though to try the Rogers os. A word of warning, if you have any applications organized into folders remove them before you upgrade. If you don't all icons in folders will disappear and you have to go into options/theme and select reset to default to get them back.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

The rogers OS did not help with my problem here at all. BB entries still not recognized by DM sync function.

Rcbjr

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast