Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

So we're looking a recurring items still active that were older than 60 days or ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Old Pro needs Help Troubleshooting Curve/Calendar Problem

Advertisement

So we're looking a recurring items still active that were older than 60 days or non-recurring appts no earlier than 60 days. Sounds like either a limit in the options or in the transfer settings. I haven't found any settings in the calendar options for ageing. Do me a favor and check your message Options/general Options. What setting do you have for keep messages.

Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

TreatyOak no está en línea Stack level 1

First, let me clarify the recurring items piece: I would define it as "the system appears to keep ANY recurring item as long as it is still active, whether 60 days old or longer."

Second, I should note that I brought this to work with me to reply from here, and I now see that I'm down to 68/20.3... and when I compare this to my Treo, which has the proper records, I see that it deleted both of my April 12 items... and April 13 is exactly 60 days ago, so you're right on that as well. (Makes more sense than my theory about when they locked down the code.)

And -

Uh oh. Wow. I'll feel foolish if this is why, but 95% says you might have just solved it.

Under Calendar Options, there is a "Keep Appointments" flag set at "60 Days." Gulp. And there is a "Forever" option.

Among other things, I guess this means that I'm going to have to go home and do some more testing tonight, with a special concentration on creating, moving, and deleting messages in that April 12-13-14 zone. The good news is that, if this does in fact work, (a) I'll have a nice new smartphone and (b) I have now gone through most menus and submenus, so I'm now a lot smarter than I would have been about the features of this device.

Optimistically and with some mild embarrassment,
    TreatyOak

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    So we're looking a recurring items still active that were older than 60 days or non-recurring appts no earlier than 60 days. Sounds like either a limit in the options or in the transfer settings. I haven't found any settings in the calendar options for ageing. Do me a favor and check your message Options/general Options. What setting do you have for keep messages.

Rcbjr
    I opened my calendar on the BB and under Options I see Keep Appointments for - mine is preset for 60 days but has an option of Forever. Check there near the bottom.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Thanks, both of You. This is getting really weird. I don't have and Option for Keep Appointments in my Calendar.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

vlarsen no está en línea Stack level 1

Just got my Curve today and am experiencing the same issue spoken of throughout this thread. AT&T-your world delivered...unless you want your Outlook Calendar to sync properly with your Curve ;-) For the record, when I experienced this same problem and identified what it was doing, the first place I came to for help was pinstack! At least seeing the same problem with other AT&T/Cingular users means I'm not just stupid like I thought I was when I couldn't get it to work correctly! I'll hold out patiently for resolution.

Thanks PinStack!

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Welcome to PinStack vlarsen.

I assume that you are not a BIS 1.8 user. If this is the case, have you tried the Work around given earler in this thread. Deleting the CICAL Service Book? If so, let us know how it worked.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer

vlarsen no está en línea Stack level 1

Rcbjr,

Based on the earlier description of BIS versions, I'm using a newer version than 1.8. I just tried the workaround from earlier in this thread (Cleared the Calendar from the Device Database, resent service books from BIS online, re-synced).

Voila - I'm now syncing properly, both directions, no duplicates. Hopefully this fix will hold and not revert to the old problem.

Thanks for your help! I'm up and running with my Curve now. Life is good!

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Great, that's good news.

Rcbjr

lark no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by TreatyOak
    Uh oh. Wow. I'll feel foolish if this is why, but 95% says you might have just solved it.

Under Calendar Options, there is a "Keep Appointments" flag set at "60 Days." Gulp. And there is a "Forever" option.

Among other things, I guess this means that I'm going to have to go home and do some more testing tonight, with a special concentration on creating, moving, and deleting messages in that April 12-13-14 zone. The good news is that, if this does in fact work, (a) I'll have a nice new smartphone and (b) I have now gone through most menus and submenus, so I'm now a lot smarter than I would have been about the features of this device.

Optimistically and with some mild embarrassment,
    TreatyOak
    I do not have the "Keep Appointments" option in the Options menu in calendar, as someone else noted. However, I followed the clearing calendar, resend service books, and resynch, and it seems to be working now. No deletions on the desktop.

Thank you to all the people who persisted in figuring out this fix.

Barlow no está en línea Stack level 1

ok- well i just got off the phone with rim- and they can't fix mine...they said i just have to wait- as we did what you all have been doing and it did not work. Apparently, rim has fixed the problem, but now att just has to push the fix out to its customers and they still have not done that....i will keep you informed as i learn more. This calendar syncing is a big problem and rim knows it ( as do all of us curve users
    no fun!!!
    LD

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Thanks for the update.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

lark no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by lark
    I do not have the "Keep Appointments" option in the Options menu in calendar, as someone else noted. However, I followed the clearing calendar, resend service books, and resynch, and it seems to be working now. No deletions on the desktop.

Thank you to all the people who persisted in figuring out this fix.
    Oops, I spoke too soon. The problem is not fixed. I just synched again, and DM wants to delete 300 appointments in the desktop Outlook. Canceled the synch, and will wait for the fix from AT&T/RIM.

Information on soultion for this will be posted here, right?

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Yep, as soon as I find out about the solution, I'll post it, unless someone else does first.

Rcbjr

Barlow no está en línea Stack level 1

lark et all- I was on the phone with rim when one of you had fixed the issue and I told the rim tech guy this ( as i was reading the posts) and they said that you would likely have the same problem again...which is exactly what has happened....
    LD

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    Thanks, both of You. This is getting really weird. I don't have and Option for Keep Appointments in my Calendar.

Rcbjr.
    I dont have it either. Why would some of us have it and others not?

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast