Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

RIM has updated the Article covering this problem with a work around. Workaround Clear and ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

New Update on this problem

Advertisement

RIM has updated the Article covering this problem with a work around.

Workaround
    Clear and restore the calendar database on the BlackBerry smartphone.
    1. Using BlackBerry Desktop Manager, backup the BlackBerry smartphone calendar database. For instructions, see KB11297.
    2. Clear the BlackBerry smartphone calendar database using the BlackBerry Desktop Manager. For instructions, see KB05340.
    3. Resend the BlackBerry Internet Service service books to the BlackBerry smartphone. For instructions, see KB02830.
    4. Restore the calendar data to the BlackBerry smartphone. For instructions, see KB10339. This will place all of the calendar appointments in the BlackBerry Internet Service [CICAL] calendar, which will be synchronized.

I attempted to perform the work around with out success. Sending the Service books only resulted in getting the BlackBerry Internet Browser Service [BrowserConfig] book, not the BlackBerry Internet Service [CICAL] Book. I even got on AT&T's Online Live Chat support site again and got them to re-send my service books. No Success, and they recommended I call data Support Customer Service again.

Since I already had a ticket number I went straight to RIM. and talked to a second rep there. After explaining what I had done and the results, he consulted the BIS reps to determine why I wasn't getting the CICAL service book. Turns out that only those users that have upgraded to BIS 2.x or possibley a later version will be able to get the CICAL service book. The software team is working on a fix for those users that haven't transitioned from 1.8, but no date for release is available.

Just wanted to provide the update.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

crdean1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Old Pro needs Help Troubleshooting Curve/Calendar Problem

Rcbjr, just a note. Although you already know this, you can return the phone before the 30 days is up for a new one. Hopefully, that would fix your problem. Since we bought ours at the same time, it appears to be random. Anyway, just a thought if you keep having trouble.

RD

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

It's not really that much of a hit and miss, And I'm pretty sure that if you don't have and can't get the CICAL service book (BIS 1.8 users), your going to have this problem. So I don't think returning it will help. I thought about that.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

mcgowan08 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Thanks for the help as always Rcbjr. I tried your workaround and it seemed to work, so far so good. I think I'll keep my fingers crossed for a week.
    PIN - 24053627

TreatyOak no está en línea Stack level 1

AARRRGGHH. This is really starting to piss me off.

After reporting earlier that everything was fine, I went to work, used my calendar and phone, came home to sync -- and, well, didn't I just say that I had 6000+ items in my calendar? So why is it that, when I tried to sync, I was told that I had ~4100 items, and that ~2000 items would be deleted from my desktop? OK, cancel that. I then tried to sync again, and this time I was down to 3874 items -- confirmed by the database size on the handheld (3874/1171.1).

I logged on to the BIS site and used the "resend service books" command. After trying to sync again, I now appear to have 3392/1024.3k items in my handheld calendar. So, which is it?

If I could remember everything I'd put in during the day, I could just add it to my Outlook... but if I could remember everything, I wouldn't need a PIM in the first place. Blackberry product managers read this, I hope?

TreatyOak

jfreeman3 no está en línea Stack level 2

How can I tell whether I hav BIS 1.8 or 2.x ??

Thanks

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Two methods, first, if when you log into your BIS account from your PC or your BB (Throught Personal Email setup), it still asks you if you want to upgrade, you still have 1.8. Otherwise your on your carriers latest version. The other way is to log in to your account from your PC and you can see a link to your inbox and other folders, you are still on BIS 1.8. Otherwise again the latest version.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

Barlow no está en línea Stack level 1

I am also getting the exact same thing...."Appointment deleted externally. Changes will be lost and the viewer closed." Does anyone know how to fix this? when i synced up and it said 99 deletions i asked for details and saw it would deleter everything so i canceled. I am unable to resync until thiks issue is solved....

Quote Originally Posted by mcgowan08
    1. carrier = at&t
    2. handheld Version = 4.2.2.89
    3. PIM used = Outlook
    4. Problem seen (multiple calendar entries on repetitive sync) Yes & see below
    5. Calendar Database size = zero entries
    When I first Synced w/ Outlook it doubled all my appointments. Now it shows all my appointments w/ no duplicates (I deleted them) but it has erased all appointments from my Outlook calendar and when I try to open an item on my handheld I get the message "Appointment deleted externally. Changes will be lost and the viewer closed." Very frustrating!

Barlow no está en línea Stack level 1

hey guys- reread all of the thread ( since i am days behind you all!) and i guess i have the same issue as rcbjr ( richard) and i have to do the work around....no fun! i hope i can figure it out. Thanks- new to the bb curve and i am having to do all this myself...appreciate that i am not the only one who has these issues...

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Let us know how it goes. I'm not sure these are exactly the same problems, as I don't get the deleted externally error.

Let me do some more checking to see if I can recreate that error. If you're in a hurry, you could search the forums for "appointment deleted externally" while I'm trouble shooting. That error has been reported before this problem particular Problem appeared.

Thanks for the update
    Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    Also check your Calendar Options. How many entries toes it give at the bottom of the screen. And on Options/Status/menu database Sizes, what does it list for the calendar.

Thanks for your Help.
    Rcbjr
    Mine shows 5, never did anything to my BB, just as it was from the day I did "switch device". under Status it said 5/1.2kb

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    It's not really that much of a hit and miss, And I'm pretty sure that if you don't have and can't get the CICAL service book (BIS 1.8 users), your going to have this problem. So I don't think returning it will help. I thought about that.

Rcbjr.
    I don't see why the CICAL would affect this. People could sync before BIS 2.3 came out. attempting my very first sync with the calendar now to test this out. I'm using Entourage 2004 (11.3.3) and the AT&T 4.2.2.89 OS

ok it synced up just fine for me - no dup's.
    Last edited by cliffr39; 06-11-2007 at 05:21 PM.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Cliff, the CICAL is not the problem, according to the RIM, it is part of the work around. The Problem is apparently in the Curve and 8830 software packages.

I don't understand it either but I'm not going to argue with the people that are working on the fix. Heck, I'm not going to bother them again for awhile. Let them work on the solution.

Let us know how your sync goes.

Rcbjr

I thought I'd check in again on this after a few more days of testing/frustration. At the moment, I've mostly given up and I'm using my Treo 650 on a day-to-day basis.

I have tried resending the service books. I have tried wiping and scrubbing. In every case, it appears to work, initially. Last night's test was a good example. After deleting the calendar database and resyncing to load my 5052 calendar items, everything seemed fine. I added a few calendar items on both the BBerry and PC, earlier and later items on each. Syncing was fine, copying info properly in both directions. I tested moving and deleting on each -- again, it all looked good. I went to sleep. I woke up this morning and found that my database now showed only 70 calendar items... and, that correlated with the actual calendar, which no longer had any data more than a month or two old. When I tried to sync, I was told that 4982 items had been deleted from my handheld, and asked if I wanted to remove them from Outlook. Umm, no thanks.

I don't know if this qualifies as a memory leak, but it's certainly weird. Again, in previous tests, I actually watched the database shrink every few minutes -- and as I watched it go down, I looked at details in the sync screen and could see that the oldest calendar items were methodically vanishing.

I find myself wondering about the other people earlier in this thread who found that resending service books solved their problem -- if you're one of those people, are you finding that your system is still working entirely, or have you lost your earliest calendar entries? Mine looked fine, and now it's not.

I'm inclined to follow Rcbjr's lead and give the Blackberry team a few days to work on this. I really like the form factor of the Curve, and hope they can make it work. Soon.

-TreatyOak

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

TreatyOak how old are the oldest that don't get deleted?

Rcbjr

Ah! Good question! I like the way you're thinking about this.

I just loaded up the SIM and battery, and we're still at 70 items / 20.9k, where I was this morning, so that seems to be the floor.

The earliest item that I see is a biweekly recurring meeting that began on 7/19/06 and ends on 12/26/07. There were other recurring events in my calendar, but that seems to be the earliest recurring event that is still active (with end date on or after today). Similarly, I have another recurrence pattern starting on 1/10/07 that ends on 12/26/07, and as I scroll through month view I see another few recurring meetings with future end dates.

The first date that is NOT a recurring meeting that has not vanished is an appointment from 12p on April 12th. If I were going to test this more, I suppose I would create a lot of other appointments around that time to pinpoint exactly when the real cutoff is... but given that they probably started producing these right around this time, this seems like a useful clue.

TreatyOak

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast