Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

I still have to go through and check everything, but after re-sending the service books, ... BlackBerry Curve forum

I8UB4 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Old Pro needs Help Troubleshooting Curve/Calendar Problem

Advertisement

I still have to go through and check everything, but after re-sending the service books, the entries from my Curve are now appearing in my Outlook.

Thanks sooooo much to all of you!!!

dts51 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask ;-)

I8UB4, Thank You for sharing that post about re-sending the service books!

Zakato no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by dts51
    I8UB4, Thank You for sharing that post about re-sending the service books!
    Yes, Thank you. It turns out I had 1634 entries, and it took a long time to write those files to the proper place. I had to reboot, and I am about to embark into the dark, murky world of PocketMac syncing. Wish me luck.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

I8UB4, Yes thanks, I have tried resending service books, Got the Email concerning them, but I still get 0/0.0K and 0 Entries. Did you do a Register Now after getting the Service Books?

Apparently it's a hit or miss thing with who has the problem and who doesn't.

Thanks for your help
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    ask ;-)

I sent them from my computer (BIS), and almost immediately it started syncying correctly, and all my handheld entries were now transferring to outlook which wasn't happening before...I now have actual entry and database values instead of zeroes. I didn't REGISTER the handheld. I'm not sure why yours didn't work?!

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

dts51, Thanks for the info. I will try again.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Zakato no está en línea Stack level 1

For all the PocketMac users, after sending the service books using BIS, and watching the Calendar re-write the files, I can announce that I was able to sync Calendar entries with Entourage. I added an event on my Mac and it showed up in the 8300, and I added an event in the 8300 and it showed up in Entourage. After 5 and a half days of frustration, I feel whole again.

I8UB4 no está en línea Stack level 1

I just did what Cheri suggested and used the "set up personal email" icon on my bb to re-send the service books. As far as I can tell, it works flawlessly now.

I even upgraded back to the latest DM.

crdean1 no está en línea Stack level 1

FYI, mine works as well now. Both "entries" and "calendar" database now have proper values in them. I sent service books from BIS.

Rcbjr, were just waiting on you.....and we all have our fingers crossed.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Thanks all for your support. I have chatted with one of Cingular's Online Live Data Support Chat room Rep, talked to a cingular customer support rep, a cingular data Support Rep, and two RIM reps, one customer Support rep and finally a Technical support Rep. The result, this is a known problem, there is a knowledge base article, KB13330, on it, it may affect 8830 World Phone and 8300/Curve devices. It doesn't affect every device in these families. It does not affect devices connected to BESs. RIM has no work around and no released Estimate time of resolution. I will keep trying and let you all know my results.

Again thanks for the support
    Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    ask ;-)

Sorry to hear that bro. Hope a fix comes soon.

TreatyOak no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi- I'm a new member of this BBerry board, and I signed up just to join this thread. I experienced this problem yesterday and it bugged the sh*t out of me. After doing two wipes and a ton of experimenting, it occurred to me to see if anyone else was having the problem. Even though this thread is somewhat depressing, it's nice to know that it's not some perverse user error on my part.

I'm using
    1. Cingular (AT&T)
    2. 8300
    3. Outlook
    4. YES (multiple calendar entries, and no recognition of Handheld changes)
    5. Dunno, since I'm starting from a wiped version.

Unfortunately, I can't "just make entries on Outlook." The whole point of having this, rather than a little flip phone, is to have a skinny, full-featured PIM with me all day long. I don't even care about push e-mail, though that probably drives 90% of BBerry users. I sync at home, so I make calendar changes during the day and sync when I get home.

I haven't tried the solutions listed above yet, though I'm troubled to see that they may work for some and not for others. I will do so tonight, and will hope that I'm one of the lucky ones. In the meantime, I guess I'll boot up the Treo 650 again and carry it with me for another day.

-TreatyOak

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

TreatyOak, Welcome to PinStack.

If you really don't need the Outlook calendar updated with those entries you enter in your BB, right away, as a work around just don't worry. Syncing won't delete them from the BB, and the ones entered in outlook will be added. It looks like the duplication has stopped on mine so that's not much of a problem. Then when RIM gets this problem solved they'll sync and every thing will be fine. Just be sure to back up more often.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with your BlackBerry.

Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

rashumon no está en línea Stack level 2

Cool! resending the service books fixed my O2 (UK) Curve's calendar too!
    Thanks guys

TreatyOak no está en línea Stack level 1

RCBJR,

I'm sorry to leave you hanging out there alone, but I'm pleased to report that the advice above fixed my problem too. To update my stats, I'm now:

1. Cingular / AT&T Wireless
    2. 8300 with 4.2.2.12 (from disk out of the box, unupdated; purchased 04 June 2007)
    3. MS Outlook 2003 (11.8118.8132) SP2
    4. Problem FIXED
    5. 6058/1674.6 {I use my calendar a lot}

Until now, I didn't have any e-mail accounts set up. This time, I set up a yahoo account (which caused the system to send service books -- also, before that, I didn't have "Send Service Books" in the menu, but now I do, which makes sense). Working from a wiped handheld, I set up a few appointments in the future and past, added filters so I would only sync the designated test dates (rather than syncing 6000+ items), and IT WORKED. I then tested deleting, adding, changing -- it's all good. I then removed the filters and uploaded everything and IT WORKED.

Thanks, everyone, for getting me to this point. I really like this device, and I wasn't looking forward to giving up on it. I really have come to rely on carrying around a PIM and using it both at work and at home, so updating on the PC alone wouldn't work for me. I had a Treo 650 that was getting long in the tooth, and the Curve seemed like a nice, lightweight replacement. {Yeah, Treo has more functionality, but BBerry is prettier. I always thought I was a function over form guy; who knew I'd turn out to be this shallow?!}

Regards,
    -TreatyOak