Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Several members, including myself have experienced problems with the Cingular Curve and syncing the calendar. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Old Pro needs Help Troubleshooting Curve/Calendar Problem

Advertisement

Several members, including myself have experienced problems with the Cingular Curve and syncing the calendar. It appears to sync but doesn't seem to recognize any of the events in the handheld calendar.

This problem first manifests itself by putting a new entry for each. Calendar event in outlook on the handheld each time you sync. Other symptoms are that changes made in handheld are not added/updated on the PC, and advanced backup/restore does not show an size for the calendar nor does it clear the handheld calendar when selected. The last indication is that when checking the Option/Status and selecting DataBase Sizes shows 0/0.0K for the Calendar.

I need help gathering data to better understand this problem. I would appreciate other 8300/Curve users to provide the following information.

1. carrier
    2. handheld Version
    3. PIM used
    4. Problem seen (multiple calendar entries on repetitive sync) Yes Or NO
    5. Calendar Database size. (On handheld open the Option/Status Menu and select database size)

Hopefully gathering this information will help get this problem resolved quickly.

Thanks for your Help.
    Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

mcgowan08 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Re: Old Pro needs Help Troubleshooting Curve/Calendar Problem

I've had the same problem, I'll keep you posted.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

tymann no está en línea Stack level 2

Yes I am experiencing all of the issues you are that's what caused me to create the thread. I have spoken with BB customer support and have a case number. There response was that they will need to re-write the software for the unit and have provided me with the attached link. https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...E4F82F9F00E7D4

tymann no está en línea Stack level 2

Calendar entry set is Zero is the technical issue that BB is calling it. When you go to calendar and hit the menu button, scroll to the bottom and number of entries is ZERO. Cingular is working on a new software release but there is no timeline. If you're working off a BES you will not experience this issue.

andrewthomas no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2521F913

Quote Originally Posted by tymann
    If you're working off a BES you will not experience this issue.
    Sorry to those not on BES, but thank **** for the above, with my new curve dropping in a few hours I would not be a happy bunny with no Calender. I will check it on BIS to see if UK units have same issue and let you know

Wstsydthug no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2405C19E

Quote Originally Posted by tymann
    Yes I am experiencing all of the issues you are that's what caused me to create the thread. I have spoken with BB customer support and have a case number. There response was that they will need to re-write the software for the unit and have provided me with the attached link. https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...E4F82F9F00E7D4
    I just got my Curve last night but didn't install anything. Per your link, is the BB Desktop Software V 4.2 SP2 the correct one to download?

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Yes it is the one to use if you want the Roxio media manager. The reason I didn't was that I had already installed it. Didn't feel any need to overwrite it.

Rcbjr
    ~via My Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

Zakato no está en línea Stack level 1

Just to add further frustration, I use PocketMac SyncManager with Entourage, and all H*ll has broken loose. First synch resulted in all duplicate listings in 8300. Further tweaking resulted in all calendar entries dissapearing in Entourage. I'm glad this issue is out there. Luckily all my calendar entries are still in the 8300.

PIN/ID
    2405C19E

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    Yes it is the one to use if you want the Roxio media manager. The reason I didn't was that I had already installed it. Didn't feel any need to overwrite it.

Rcbjr
    I'm very new to the whole BB thing so please bear with me. This is the first BB that I've ever owned/used. So if you do DL the V 4.2, SP2, does that solve all the Calendar sync issues? And I'm assuming that the Roxio media manager is the one you'd want to use by default (already installed).

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by Wstsydthug
    I'm very new to the whole BB thing so please bear with me. This is the first BB that I've ever owned/used. So if you do DL the V 4.2, SP2, does that solve all the Calendar sync issues?
    No, it does not. This is not a problem with the CD in the box, but but appears to be with the Calendar app included in the Cingular OS.

RIM should be working on a replacement according to what tymann said .

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr

PIN/ID
    2405C19E

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    No, it does not. This is not a problem with the CD in the box, but but appears to be with the Calendar app included in the Cingular OS.

RIM should be working on a replacement according to what tymann said .

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr

And by Cingular OS, you mean the actual OS that is on the Curve?

If I am going to install anything today to sync my BB, which one should I be using? The one in the box or the one v. 4.2, SP2?

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by Wstsydthug
    And by Cingular OS, you mean the actual OS that is on the Curve?
    Yes, the OS on your Curve

If I am going to install anything today to sync my BB, which one should I be using? The one in the box or the one v. 4.2, SP2?
    Unless you've already downloaded the SP2 File, I would use the CD to install it. It should be the same and it will be quicker.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr

crdean1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Confirmed that Handheld calendar additions are not being added to outlook upon sync. However, if I add an item to the Outlook Calendar, it will sync onto the handheld.

Edit: To answer the questions above,
    1. 8300 - Cingular
    2. Not sure, using Desktop Manager version 4.2.2.10
    3. What is PIM
    4. Yes
    5. 0kb on calendar database, even though there are things on my calendar.

Edit 2:
    I don't see it duplicating my items, just not adding the new ones I have created on the handheld to the Outlook calendar.
    Last edited by crdean1; 06-01-2007 at 01:10 PM.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

PIM is Personal Information Manager such as Outlook, Lotus Notes or ACT. And I meant the Habdheld OS. Guess I needed to make that clearer.

Thanks for the info
    Rcbjr
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

pnd4pnd no está en línea Stack level 1

is anyone else seeing this problem? you guys have got me afraid to sync my curve! i did the first sync and got all my data in but not sure about doing it again. i am amazed more people are not screaming about this!

Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast