So I always keep my myfaves display up at all times and the reason being ... BlackBerry Curve forum

HotCelica no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Meh

Ok so weird problem. Stupid Myfaves display

Advertisement

So I always keep my myfaves display up at all times and the reason being is when you receive a message from one of your "Faves", a folder pops up by their pic showing that they sent you something which is AWESOME since the 8900 doesnt support specialized SMS/MMS/Email ringtones for different contacts as of yet. So I just got my Blackberry Leather Case: http://shop.crackberry.com/blackberr.../4A24A4277.htm

I do LOVE this case but it does put the phone alseep and all of us know that if we pull our Berry out of the holster while its Vibrating or Ringing for an incoming message it will auto-open the message(which rules).

Here in lies the problem. While receiving some texts from the GF today I noticed that the message icon in the MyFaves display would stay there even after opening the message and if say it left the icon and then got another message and pulled my Berry out of my holster once again while vibrating, then the display would say that I have 2 messages from her and then 3 messages and so forth even after opening the message.

Now this indicator is not the normal SMS indicator(the slanted envelope) but rather just on the MyFaves display. It doesnt effect the performance of the phone or anything, I am just irritated by the icon staying there and this only happens if the phone is in the holster and I get an SMS and pull it out of the holster and the message auto opens.

Weird but any ideas?
    http://twitter.com/HotCelica
    hotcelica@crackberry.com
    http://www.linkedin.com/in/HotCelica
    Rockin a T-Mobile 8900 5.0.190
    Just bought the GF a T-Mobile 8220(Yep converted her to the darkside)

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Not on T-mobile but my first thought would be deleting and resending service books.

PIN/ID
    Ask Meh
    Yea not so much. There aren't any service books for myfaves
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    That sounds strange to me but since I am not on T-Mo I will take your word. Are you running an official or Beta OS?

PIN/ID
    Ask Meh
    I'm on beta .174 but now I feel retarded. I went in and refreshed myfaves and did a battery pull and now it seems to be fine. Indicator is going away.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    LOL, a battery pull was going to be my next post. It happens to us all. Glad you got it figured out.

*Actually Battery Pull should have been my first post. * it's the quickest fix for most issues but we seem to forget and over analyze.

PIN/ID
    Ask Meh
    Well the weird thing is that just a battery pull didn't work. I had the refresh myfaves and then pull the battery. I pulled the battery like 3 times earlier today trying to fix it but refreshing and pull combo seems to work

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    That will be good info for others if they come across the same issue. Thanks for posting.

Dabbill no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24ADC49A
    Battery pull, or just alt+ Right Shift+del fixes 90% of blackberry problems. Well maybe not 90% but it fixes a lot.