Installed .52 on my and girlfriend's 3820 and was doing some tweaking. I noticed that ... BlackBerry Curve forum

sbrown712 no está en línea Stack level 3

OK, here's a real novice question

Advertisement

Installed .52 on my and girlfriend's 3820 and was doing some tweaking. I noticed that the GF didn't have an icon for her primary email account and I ask why. She said that account is where her 'important' mail comes in and she was worried about someone hacking and getting her account info.
    I had never really even thought about it before but are there security issues with BBs?

Her phone kept 'lagging'. I had read about the iphone theme being a real hog. Changed the theme and it runs fine now. The more I explore these phones the more amazed I am at what these things are capable of doing.

I found the memory cleaner tonight, that's a great find.

OK, I'll stop rmbling for tonight.

ashdub01 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2460d307
    last time I checked iPhones were the ones being hacked into not BB's.....I have NEVER heard of anyone's BB info bein hacked....
    **Ashmee**

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    There's a lock down with password protection for the entire device, a handy feature for those concerned about security.
    You can purchase a screen overlay that prevents peripheral viewing.
    If her preference is to log on via browser utilizing a password each time she wants to access her email, then that's an option too
    RIM does not have a system in developement which is half-baked and wrought with security concerns ala Apple.
    Their system has been competently developed from the ground up with security in mind, and hasn't been dumped on the market by stooges trying to make a buck.

sbrown712 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Thanks guys. I can reassure her that her info is safe.

gixxerjoe no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Check out this thread about BlackBerry security if you have any doubts.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...Berry+security

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

kevsbb no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    250debf1
    If you are after comfort in knowing that your blackberry is secure- they have developed triple DES security- government standard and yet to be broken. You will be fine, enable the password protection via Menu > Options > Security Settings > General Options > enable password.... Hope this helps. ;-)