OK, OK...I am somewhat new to this Blackberry forum. This is my first post. Not ... BlackBerry Curve forum

dawnm1974 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question OH NO!!!Red flashing lights, fatal error during upgrade

Advertisement

OK, OK...I am somewhat new to this Blackberry forum. This is my first post. Not happy to be here making it, but my bad.

I made the mistake of attempting to install an upgrade to my Verizon 8330 Curve tonight. During the install phase, a fatal error occurred. I do not remember what it said, being a little new to this, again. At this point, phone does not turn on, the red lights flashes twice rapidly, then stops and does it again.

I have attempted to the current best of my ability the removal of upgrade from my computer and re-installation of both DM and phone software to previous versions. I have hope that is fixable, when hooked up to the USB, computer does make the noise when it plugs in that it catches phone for a second and then disconnects (if this is what it is doing, albeit very briefly!)

I have read and tried to download the JL_Cmder, but am unable to actually locate the file itself, many of the links to it are broken...I found how to use it, if only I could find to try it. I am hoping once it is wiped, that I can try and muddle through the rest of my lumps.

Worst case, is it possible to take it in and get a replacement? Or does Verizon not help when you are the one who had a hand in the demise?

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Have you been able to resolve this yet dawn? If not you can find a working link to jl_cmndr in my blog by going to the how to written by lavagirl.

dawnm1974 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hey there! I am back at my home after going to my office, where I normally do my main sync with Outlook and such. I ran the DM and was able to get the original items to load from there by some miracle. Everything worked itself out, but I tried any and all possible solutions from the Stacks on my laptop, then home computer with no success for pretty much the whole evening last night. Third time was the charm!

Thanks bunches!

BTW, the links to the files did not show up (I believe) because I was not signed in???
    Last edited by dawnm1974; 01-16-2009 at 05:22 PM. Reason: clarification

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Glad to hear it worked out for you.