Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

I only had my 8300 for 2 weeks and i ended up w/ dust covering ... BlackBerry Curve forum

danni04 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Oh No, Dust under my 8300 screen

Advertisement

I only had my 8300 for 2 weeks and i ended up w/ dust covering up a third of my screen surface. i noticed that the ride side of the cover was a bit flimsy. not as sturdy as the left side, so there might've been a small gap along the seam somewhere. anyway, i was able to get a replacement from the at&t store but they told me that i'm only allowed one phone replacement as part of the 30 day return policy. so i'm gonna try the chapstick(wax) trick and hope that it keeps out the dust.

afinewagoneer no está en línea Stack level 2

so i was at the at&t storetoday and i asked the lady there about the dust under my screen. i showed it to her and asked if others were complaining about it. she said no and that it was happening cuz i had it in my pocket, and that i needed to buy a case. i told her that i have had numerous cell phones before and none got dust under the screen, under the plastic housing perhaps, but not under the screen. i also told her i was not buying a case and i am not the only one with this problem, there are a whole slew of people out there with the same problem. all she could tell me was to buy a case. how frustrating.

Jeanca no está en línea Stack level 2

wow, the same thing happened to me yesterday. i got really mad because all he could say was well that is happening because your putting it in you pocket but in a rude way and im like yeah well i wish my phone would walk with me but since that aint happening im going to need this resove cuz i had it only for a week, he said well you should buy a case and im like yea really convinient for you guys for me to buy something from u and u cant help me, then i told him that i wasnt going to buy a casa because i dont like them, their to bulgy, he just said well thats the only thing i can say and turn me away. i hate cingular people they never help and always just try to get the easy way out, sorry if anyone works for them but a lot of workers arent that nice and not very well trained. i dont mean to offend anyone but for the last year they have been very unhelpful.

ranjeetsodhi no está en línea Stack level 1

you can get a "No questions asked" buyers remorse exchange or if you want a complete return without any financial liability (early termination) as long as you are within 30 days of the purchase date.

That said, they will charge you for usage/minutes on a prorated basis.

danni04: I just got a second exchange recently - both within the 30 day period. The Cingular person misinformed you when they said they only allow one exchange.

Jeanca no está en línea Stack level 2

so i can exchange if im withim the 30 days for the same phone??

soctechnologist no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Yes, AT&T has a 30 day return/exchange policy from date of purchase. You should get no questions asked, or at least no resistance in asking for an exchange if you are within the 30 days.

OzzieDog no está en línea Stack level 3

Does anyone with the 8310 have problem with dust under display? I want to upgrade to this phone but the 8300's I have seen all have problems with dust even with the newest ones. My hope is that RIM has corrected this with the 8310/8320.

dicin no está en línea Stack level 2

so far I have had an 8310 for 1 week with no problems.

fireman2119 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    241CO418

it isnt dust its the foam seal that they put in the phone to separate the screen on the board and the glass. i just found out because i called my buddy from cingular who called RIM for me. thats the info i have as of now. Also you can exchange your phone through att for 1 year after the original purchase date of the original phone with no questions asked.
    Last edited by fireman2119; 10-07-2007 at 06:06 PM.

jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~well I have had my 8320 for almost 2 weeks with no problems... Hopefully it was figured out.

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

you can turn the 8320 to the side and feel the flex on the upper right hand side. it doesn't line up perfectly with the side panel. Once about every 5 days I've applied a thin layer of chapstick to the lil groove on the right hand side and wiped away the remainder and so far have had no dust.

liquidsense no está en línea Stack level 2

After careful inspection, I believe that the dust is actually getting in through this gap, and not the gap on the side. I base that on the actual gap width difference between this gap and all others. Also, there is a significant amount of light that shines through this gap. And it seems to have direct access to the screen.

I've had this phone for 5 days. New one coming on Monday. I really hope that it is dust free.

If anyone would like a detailed picture of my Curve with the dust and the gap at issue, feel free to PM me. (I'll post the pic once I reach level 2!).

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567