Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Originally Posted by kashfr Okay... I had it in my mind to go this route. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jedd206 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2404E130

Re: Oh No, Dust under my 8300 screen

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by kashfr
    Okay... I had it in my mind to go this route. I just got a little scared as I read through all of these posts and see people referring to their 30 day return period. And thanks for the heads up with the requesting a brand new unit. They will try to send the CEO of RIM a refurbished unit if they just knew they could get away with it... Lol

heheheheh...sad but true. The 30 day return policy has to do with the timeframe that you have to return/exchange something in store.

poloimposter no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    240DB952

And I should have never posted how I haven't gotten dust under my screen cause now its building up along the right side of the screen for me. At first I thought it was a dead pixel but now theres a decent amount in there. Damn

kashfr no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24048BEC

I contacted at&t warranty dept earlier today requesting my replacement device due to the dust under the screen issue and the telephone rep informed me that I could not get a brand new device. She told me that they didn't have any new devices in stock. So I'm gonna receive my refurbished device tomorrow and call them immediately to complain about sticking keys on the replacement device and demand a brand new device. I bet you they find a brand new device this time around...

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jromulo no está en línea Stack level 1

well i just picked up a blackberry curve last night. and since everyone is having problems with dust getting under the screen. does anyone have any advice on what i should do to prevent this problem? i won't be able to return the item because i bought the phone from a person off of craigslist. thanks in advance.

PIN/ID
    24048BEC

I was thinking about taking my device apart and reinforcing the weak gaskets. I already have my torx driver ready. There is a youtube video floating around this forum that shows you how to disassemble your device. That's our best bet at this point. Any other suggestions..?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

BB3800user no está en línea Stack level 2

Still no dust here....
    I put some wax in the gap between the silver case and the screen cover and wiped away the extra. I did this cause in the dark I could see light from the screen leaking through that gap. This lead me to believe that would be where the dust would enter. As for the wax..chapstick. You would never know it's there keeping the dust out.

shwingin23 no está en línea Stack level 1

I would just sugget to use some canned air and try to blow it out with that. If that doesnt work i guess the best way would be to take it apart and clean it.

Hoggs74 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    240E9964

Well, after much delliberation, I finally got up the nerve to take my curve apart and clean the anoying dust from under my screen on the right side. All it took was about 20 mins of time, and all is better now. I first took out out the battery, sim card, and sd cards. Then i took off the bottom clip at the bottom center. Be carefull with this. It might break if you pry hard. THe back part pops off easy, then you have to carefully pull the front portion off. I stuck my fingernail in there and poped it loose. Then I used a #5 torx head screwdriver ($2.99 @ Sears) and out with the 2 screws at the top. Then I carefully removed the top cover. It has 2 small clips on each side. One about middle of the screen on easch side, and one between the enter and del key on the right and between the A and alt keys on the left. Once that is released, carfully lift the cover off. It has a sticky like substnace around the screen area, so remove slowly. Once all is removed, I just cleaned the screen with alcohol and used a blow dryer to assist in drying (cool air). then before reassembly, I used a very small amount of chapstick along each side of the screen, in hope to prevent further dust accumilation. It goes back together very easy. Just like new again. I will post back in a week or two about weather further dust has accumilated.

BTW, I bought my Curve on July 25th and It had dust in only 9 days of use. I never carried in my pocket. In fact, I bought a Black leather blackberry case at the at&t store at the time of purchase.

PIN/ID
    24048BEC

You got guts Hoggs74. I just received my replacement device in the mail. I hope I can go at least 2 months like I did with my original device. Although, I was thinking about taking apart my Curve right away and sealing the loose cracks to make sure I don't get no dirt under the screen at all...

jromulo no está en línea Stack level 1

well after owning the bb curve for approx. a week and half i noticed that there are dust particles on the right side of the screen. anyone figured out a way yet to completely solve this defect?

dkirchik no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2432a7ba

After about 5 days i noticed dust. It was tripping out my eyes hella bad they acted like sparkles on the screen whenever I would type an Email. The AT&T rep who I showed the problem too said he couldnt see any of the dust. found out from the manager that they are replacing the Curve like Crazy for the reason. with all the money AT&T is losing you would think they would have gotten it fixed already?

fondoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A26BE1

i've notice that dust is entering for the side. its the screen lens and the frame. if you can, tape up the side.
    Last edited by fondoo; 08-25-2007 at 04:55 PM.
    Upgraded the BlackBerry Curve to BlackBerry Bold 12/1/08.

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

So has anyone found where the dust is getting in and why the gasket around the screen isn't stopping the dust? is the gasket around the screen thinner than on other models such as the 8100 & 8800 or is it a different material being used? is there anyone who could take apart the 8800 and 8300 for side-by-side comparisson? maybe a solution could be found (besides waiting for a re-release by RIM).

Jeanca no está en línea Stack level 2

i got my BB curve just days ago and already theres dust in it!! i really didnt notice until i read this. Has someone figure a way how to fix it, not ripping it apart, i mean lke the air thingy or something?? f not then is it easy opening the whole thing to clean it?

joewoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F

Im hoping the seidio case I bought will prevent any dust issues...

Anyone happen to have that case yet???

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast