Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

nice, nice! now i can take my 8300 apart.... BlackBerry Curve forum

fondoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A26BE1

Re: Oh No, Dust under my 8300 screen

Advertisement

nice, nice! now i can take my 8300 apart.

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by BB3800user
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Well I'm the one that did the chapstick trick. I keep it in my pocket most of the time.(My curve not my chapstick)
    R weeks and still no dust
    Havent been paying attention lately. What is this chapstick trick you so speak of?

ah_wil no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    251626B8

Wow... this is really bad...

jjasonwwhite no está en línea Stack level 2

I wish I was writing with a great solution, but unfortunately not. I'm having the same issue. In fact, not only do I have dust under my screen, there's also a small hair (presumably from my dog). Dangit! I'm wondering if maybe taking the 'ol shop vac to the bottom area of the screen might help. I think that's where it's coming in. I keep my berry in my pocket (hold the jokes) and I think that it's probably just pocket lint/fuzz getting there. I suppose I ought to get a holster or something.

logic129 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by dagomez
    I just called AT&T and they told me to bring back the phone with the box and manual and they would replace it because I am under a 30 day warranty. This will solve the problem today but what about down the road? Has the defect been fixed or will dust occur again?
    Even with the replacement Curve, I still have the same problem with the dust. At least now there is that instructional video from PDA parts that shows how to take it apart to clean it up. I haven't tried it yet, but I'll wait till more dust gets in there.

stuminelli no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    240DD5C6

I can't believe all this is happening to everyone and here I thought I just had a screwed up model... I noticed the dust coming from the right side of the curve and I know exactly where it is coming from.. Just above the button for the camra is rubber and connects to the silver cover. the rubber seems to give in when touched.. so I guess the seal is broken there.. I know I can fix it with crazy glue or something but dust is already in my phone... I want to take it apart and clean it first before I add the glue but I am a afraid I will make it worse.. what if after I put it back together more areas of the seal don't stick anymore.. I hate this so much I have only had it for a little over a month now..

Dasher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21F6D890

I have one too! At first I really thought it was a scratch, then I realized that it was dust from under the screen. I guess we all have to live with it. Atleast we all have something in common.
    A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him. Fools admire, but men of sense approve.

fondoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A26BE1

i got fed up and took it apart and brushed all the dust away

Upgraded the BlackBerry Curve to BlackBerry Bold 12/1/08.

jdp566 no está en línea Stack level 1

I am currently on my 3rd BB8300 in 4 weeks. Dust had gotten into the screen of my first two and I am keeping a sharp eye out on my third. My game plan for now is to exchange it for an all new device if I notice any dust what so ever in the screen (granted its within 30 days of my last exchange).

mejmea no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by jdp566
    I am currently on my 3rd BB8300 in 4 weeks. Dust had gotten into the screen of my first two and I am keeping a sharp eye out on my third. My game plan for now is to exchange it for an all new device if I notice any dust what so ever in the screen (granted its within 30 days of my last exchange).
    Jdp,

I'm just curious - were you told that your 30 days starts over with each exchange? I had to exchange one (due to it randomly rebooting) and the AT&T rep told me that the 30 days is from the original purchase date and DOES NOT start over with each exchange - after the original 30 days is up you are into the 1 year RIM warranty and have to call the carrier to do an exchange via mail.

I'm just trying to figure out if I got bad information or if you did (or what the difference is at least!).

Don't mean to hijack the thread. I (fortunately) haven't had an issue with dust to this point. Mine has lived in a BB case from day 1.

Thanks.
    Last edited by mejmea; 08-06-2007 at 04:09 PM.

jetsetter no está en línea Stack level 3

Hello,

My 8300 has a small smattering of dust on the right side of the screen now as well. It isn't bad. What I'm reading here is that it only gets worse if you try to take it apart.

That's too bad.

tysonwilliams no está en línea Stack level 1

I am glad I am not the only one... I thought that I had a dead pixel today when I look at screen, called the support at Rogers and they told me to exchange it as I have couple of days left for my 30 days in-store warranty. But when I got home started to look closer under different lights, I noticed it was actually a dust particle and there is more and more all around the right side.

Now I can go and exchange it tomorrow but what is the point if it seems like they are all affected by the design problem. The new one will get dust anyways. I have tried hair dryer (in the cold setting of course) to stick it to all the possible sides and buttons but nothing has moved around from the screen. I am really annoyed by it now since the dust particle looks like a black dot on the screen. This needs to be fixed by RIM or I will go completly OCD on them!

kashfr no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24048BEC

Is it not possible for me to get a replacement 8300 due to the manufactures defect of dust getting under the screen if I am outside of my 30 day return policy..?

jedd206 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2404E130

Quote Originally Posted by kashfr
    Is it not possible for me to get a replacement 8300 due to the manufactures defect of dust getting under the screen if I am outside of my 30 day return policy..?
    Yes it is. The only catch is you have to call warrenty exchange and they express mail you a new one. BE SURE to request a NEW Curve or they will try and get away with sending you a refurb. PM me if you need the number for warrenty exchange....

kashfr no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24048BEC

Okay... I had it in my mind to go this route. I just got a little scared as I read through all of these posts and see people referring to their 30 day return period. And thanks for the heads up with the requesting a brand new unit. They will try to send the CEO of RIM a refurbished unit if they just knew they could get away with it... Lol

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast