Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Originally Posted by dicin If there a site that shows you how to take apart ... BlackBerry Curve forum

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Oh No, Dust under my 8300 screen

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by dicin
    If there a site that shows you how to take apart the curve?
    I couldnt find one but its fairly simple. Theres two screws at the top of the back of the unit. I used my mini-screwdriver set for it as my normal phone screw tool was too big. Once those are out, I just popped up the front from the sides by wiggling a flathead back and forth. Theres two clips on each side and I couldnt figure out how to get the whole top off. I just kind of held it up(no further than the keyboard) and slid the extension tube for the air spray around the screen area and sprayed. Its all clean now, we shall see.

logic129 no está en línea Stack level 1

I just had my Curve replaced today at the AT&T store for the dust collecting on the right side. The rep at the store told me that they would replace it since it was still within the 30 days, but the next time it happens, the warranty department would consider it a cosmetic defect. If there's dust getting in there, that is not cosmetic. The rep also suggested that I try a compressed air can, but I did that and it just made it worse by spreading it around.

BB3800user no está en línea Stack level 2

Well I have had mine a week and no dust yet. I do notice there is a slight more gap on the right side where the screen shroud meets the silver case. I suspect consistent wiping on shirts to clear finger prints and smudges may contribute to dust getting it there.

As a preventive measure I filled that slight gap with a very slight bit of chapstick...yes, chapstick and wiped it clean. I thought it would act as a catch all to those minute fibers I'll let you know if anything appears later on.

Definitely disappointing to hear so many are getting this.

dicin no está en línea Stack level 2

i WILL BUY A NEW LENS AND CHANGE IT.

k1stunr no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2404AC13

i manage a drywall warehouse so you can imagine dust getting in my phone is ridiculous i cant even carry my phone with me at work because of this defect

guugoo no está en línea Stack level 2

same thing here...its ridiculuous. i just called ATT and they are sending a replacement unit. not sure if i want to go this replacement way each time dust collects in there.

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

My dust problem is definately getting worse. All on the right side of the screen. Even with the phone in a leather holster, it's become worse. I guess the worst part is that it's unlock for Tmo, so ATT doesn't care cause I'm not their customer, and RIM won't do anything as previously mentioned.
    Anyone having luck cleaning it without the dust coming back?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

fondoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A26BE1

i got my curve just last monday(july 16th) and i got dust under my screen already (july 23rd). did anyone find a solution to this problem? did anyone figure out how to take it apart and clean the screen???

BB3800user no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Well I'm the one that did the chapstick trick. I keep it in my pocket most of the time.(My curve not my chapstick)
    R weeks and still no dust

dagomez no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by logic129
    I just had my Curve replaced today at the AT&T store for the dust collecting on the right side. The rep at the store told me that they would replace it since it was still within the 30 days, but the next time it happens, the warranty department would consider it a cosmetic defect. If there's dust getting in there, that is not cosmetic. The rep also suggested that I try a compressed air can, but I did that and it just made it worse by spreading it around.
    Did AT&T give you a problem when you told them about the dust. I have unlocked all the themes on my 8300 and I would like to replace it because of the dust. Will AT&T have a fit if this is done?

GBallew no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2404b3a8

I've cleaned mine once and that just caused more troubles. Not to mention that just getting the cover off was a pain! a couple days after I cleaned it, the dust was back. I have the RIM silicone cover on my phone now so the dust in collecting a lot slower...Wish I knew how to stop it...
    Cingular is now the new at&t

Prorock no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I bought a pouch style case off of Fommy a couple of weeks ago and it seems to keep out dust. Also I clean the screen once a day with a VERY little bit of rubbing alchol on a cotton ball. This gets rid of dirt, oil and dust. Just wipe away from the sides and keyboard.

poloimposter no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    240DB952

I recieved my Curve about 4 days ago and I treat it like it's gold I never put it in my pocket and when I'm driving I don't even put it on my cloth seats haha. SO i've had no problems yet with it luckily. Can someone please post pics of this problem and how much dust is in their screen???

dagomez no está en línea Stack level 2

I just called AT&T and they told me to bring back the phone with the box and manual and they would replace it because I am under a 30 day warranty. This will solve the problem today but what about down the road? Has the defect been fixed or will dust occur again?

mejmea no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by dicin

If there a site that shows you how to take apart the curve?

See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiIl19G74C0 or

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast