Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

you guys need to find a hobby or a charity for your idol time... BlackBerry Curve forum

billytickets no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Oh No, Dust under my 8300 screen

Advertisement

you guys need to find a hobby or a charity for your idol time
    my phones
    7130e Sprint
    N93 Nokia Tmobile
    8300 Curve ATT

http://nokiberry.blogspot.com/
    my little blog on phones

http://tixxalert.blogspot.com
    my little blog about NY Theater

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ the canned air never seems to get the dust from under the screen. I have the same problem with the pearl

kpfury no está en línea Stack level 2

i have the curve in the holster, and i got dust too. Anyone who has the BB skin on have dust as well>?

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by kpfury
    i have the curve in the holster, and i got dust too. Anyone who has the BB skin on have dust as well>?
    I have the full body BSE skin on and still have dust. Im thinking its getting in by the power button if we are all seeing it by the right side. Im gonna try to take mine apart and see if theres a crack in the seal.

Home Inspector no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    243dec8d

Can someone post info on how to take it a part to clean this thing ?
    Thanks !

verticalavenue no está en línea Stack level 1

I have had the Curve since it came out a few weeks ago and I am starting to get a lot more dust under the screen. I am calling RIM and AT&T to complain. Ihad a Razr with the same issue and got a replacement about 6 months after the problem started. I hope this will get some attention also.

aodhan51 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by verticalavenue
    I have had the Curve since it came out a few weeks ago and I am starting to get a lot more dust under the screen. I am calling RIM and AT&T to complain. Ihad a Razr with the same issue and got a replacement about 6 months after the problem started. I hope this will get some attention also.
    That's why I got rid of my RAZR--it was a dust factory. I've been luck with the Curve so far...

alexvega no está en línea Stack level 1

i have the same issue as well. I am certian the dust is getting in from the right hand side of the unit where the plastic is weak. I was thinking about taking it apart to clean it, as you should just be able to remove the top housing and wipe off the actual screen itself... but i didnt have a Torx 5 handy... i'm gonna run out to home depot and pick one up. i'll let you guys know how it goes

dicin no está en línea Stack level 2

Has anyone resolved the problem. I to am starting to have the same problem.

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

I've got it too. Only a bit on the lower right side. I'm gonna wait till it's really bad before i take anything apart.

VP
    VP no está en línea Stack level 2

just is a little curious... is the dust coming from the creases of the screen that on top the display or internally.. i have a suggestion i don't know if it will work, but if my pearl had the same problem i would take some krazy glue (gel) and put it on the crease so it would not be able to get any dust underneath. since it's white already in between the creases it should not show that bad...

No idea where it may come in from. It is all speculation! If the screen back light is on then you do not see any dust however if the back light is off and the sunlight or simply palace it under a strong light you will see dust.

This is surly a defect from the manufacture. I called Rogers and they said it is the first they hear of it. I will call RIM tomorrow. It is ridiculous for this to happen and simply take it you know where.
    Last edited by dicin; 07-06-2007 at 02:23 PM.

This is really infuriating me. I already took the phone apart a week ago and blew all the dust out with one of those air cans. Its all back now and worse than before. Ive found that the black plastic side casing seems to flex a bit. Im thinking thats how the dust is getting in. This is rediculous though.

I went to the ATT store yesterday to complain about this. They said its a manufactures defect and will happen with every phone. They told me to keep replacing the phone under warranty if it happens. Well, thats a bit annoying since Ill have to unskin and reskin the new phone every time, on top of spending another couple hours resetting the phone how I like. They told me not to carry th ephone in my pocket if I dont want dust. Great, thanks for the advice.

I did not take it apart however the dust seems to not to further accumulate. It is annoying since this phone is unlocked and it would cost me to return and unlock it again. The store I bought it from tells me that it is a known problem.

I called RIM and they tell me that it is the responsibility of the carrier. When they sell the phone to the carrier they sell the warranty along with it.

If there a site that shows you how to take apart the curve?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast