Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Originally Posted by pdxmatts Well, finally after the 4th try, I got to the Loyalty ... BlackBerry Curve forum

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    Well, finally after the 4th try, I got to the Loyalty dept and spoke to a really nice rep. He told me that he was going to give me a better than full discount to upgrade early and that he couldn't order it out for me early, but, he is going to call me back on 2/13 to set us up with the 8900 at a really good discount w/o having to use a rebate. I am bummed that I have to wait, but patience is a virtue and if it helps me get a good price, then I can wait. So, I hope to have the 8900 by Valentines Day.. Woot!

Getting an early upgrade and a good price was my number one concern. Hope he comes through for me..
    I'm very happy to hear your report!

Personally I feel quite certain that the 8900 will be a very good model. It's my theory that after all that's happened to date with the newest crop of BlackBerry's, that the 8900 should benefit from all that RIM has learned about the new models and the 4.6 / 4.7 generation OS. Also due to the past Curve being a top seller I do feel that RIM is not about to allow this one to suffer the faults and poor showing of the Bold / Storm duo.

In addition the fact that you must wait a bit for yours is a very big advantage. You will be getting the latest phones, instead of the first production run. This is extremely good news and I look forward to your report after you receive it and have a chance to put it through it's paces.

Cheers....

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    Well, finally after the 4th try, I got to the Loyalty dept and spoke to a really nice rep. He told me that he was going to give me a better than full discount to upgrade early and that he couldn't order it out for me early, but, he is going to call me back on 2/13 to set us up with the 8900 at a really good discount w/o having to use a rebate. I am bummed that I have to wait, but patience is a virtue and if it helps me get a good price, then I can wait. So, I hope to have the 8900 by Valentines Day.. Woot!

Getting an early upgrade and a good price was my number one concern. Hope he comes through for me..
    I'm glad you're getting to save some money!

ocanyc no está en línea Stack level 4

Wow what patience. Thats 2 days after official release date. At least it'll be a nice valentines present

msvoluptous no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by icaro2000 View Post
    Oh Geez...
    It's snowing here where I am in Massachusetts right this minute and going strong. We're supposed to get 10+ inches I heard. MY 8900 has left Springfield for scheduled delivery and it has been in transit for approximately the last 5 hours. WHY? UPS does not drop off packages officially until 9am (correct me if I'm wrong), and Springfield is only 25 minutes away from the final destination.

I bet they have been doing rounds to all the local UPS stores and drop off centers before hitting up the businesses and local residents.

My main worry is that I might have to go through the same kind of ordeal as Meh! had to go through!

UPS: PLEASE DON'T CALL IN THE TRUCKS UNTIL THE 8900 IS SAFELY DELIVERED AND IN MY HANDS PLEASE! Thank you!

I'm from live in Springfield too! Well I am from Cali but have been here for a year. It's 3:52 and I still don't see our UPS man. I can't stand him(long story) I hope they have another driver delivering our package. It's pretty yucky outside but I did see a UPS truck going down the street lol. Soooo hopefully it will be here soon. When I got my BB 8320 it came at 8:45pm! I was pissed I have the supervisors name. I call corporate all the time. I hope we get them sooner then later

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    I'm very happy to hear your report!

Personally I feel quite certain that the 8900 will be a very good model. It's my theory that after all that's happened to date with the newest crop of BlackBerry's, that the 8900 should benefit from all that RIM has learned about the new models and the 4.6 / 4.7 generation OS. Also due to the past Curve being a top seller I do feel that RIM is not about to allow this one to suffer the faults and poor showing of the Bold / Storm duo.

In addition the fact that you must wait a bit for yours is a very big advantage. You will be getting the latest phones, instead of the first production run. This is extremely good news and I look forward to your report after you receive it and have a chance to put it through it's paces.

Cheers....
    Thanks Archer, I was debating on getting it and this does give me some time make a good decision about it and to see if anyone starts to post problems that may arise. Just hope that there aren't any problems and that it doesn't sell out before I can get one. That rep is not working on 2/11 and is back on 2/13, so he told me that he will personally take care of it. I believe him, so I will just have to wait and see what happens next.

P.S where can I go to check out the Agora Pro. I want to see what it's all about.

Yippppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee It's here!

Well Hot Damn It's here! *slapping knee! I am soooooooooooo happy!!!! Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote Originally Posted by ssnxp View Post
    I'm glad you're getting to save some money!
    Ya know that's right.. It's hard these days, but I am hoping that I can justify getting it with part of our tax return refund.

Quote Originally Posted by msvoluptous View Post
    Well Hot Damn It's here! *slapping knee! I am soooooooooooo happy!!!! Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Oh Man, you guys are so lucky. I'm not sure why I can't get TMO to send me one early. They all say it's not possible. But, here you are with a new 8900.. Hhmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Let us know how you like it..

icaro2000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    Ups Delivered my new 8900 This morning!

PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    Quote Originally Posted by SeRViiCiiO View Post
    icaro what part of mass are you in? im in downtown now, and is getting heavy!

ups trucks have to follow a certain "route"
    when i order my 8900 i got it shipped to work because they go around here early in the am...
    if i would have gotten it shipped home it would have gotten there around 4pm

@SeRViiciiO-
    I'm in western mass in the Amherst/Springfield/NoHo and Holyoke areas. It was coming down real good since early in the morning, and now it's mostly heavy rain and freezing rain.

So where is exactly is downtown now? lol Do you mean downtown NoHo (Northampton)? Or downtown Boston? Springfield? Where ever in massachuseets your located, the weather is definitely not bringing us down because we are too busy with our INCREDIBLE new curve 8900s!

I did the same thing as you did, and had T-mobile ship the 8900 to work for the same exact reasons. I just got back from the office about an hour ago. I've been shoveling snow since I got home, so I have only looked over my new 8900 briefly for a few minutes. I have not even taken the protective stickers off yet. From the few minutes that I looked over the exterior of the 8900 I could tell how the quality of the construction has improved greatly over the previous curve and pearls. It feels great in the hand with out feeling at all as large as the old curve, and it is noticeably lighter. The battery door is also snug and tight right off the bat so I don't think I will have to do the band-aid for loose cover fix.

Time to charge the battery!

PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    Quote Originally Posted by msvoluptous View Post
    I'm from live in Springfield too! Well I am from Cali but have been here for a year. It's 3:52 and I still don't see our UPS man. I can't stand him(long story) I hope they have another driver delivering our package. It's pretty yucky outside but I did see a UPS truck going down the street lol. Soooo hopefully it will be here soon. When I got my BB 8320 it came at 8:45pm! I was pissed I have the supervisors name. I call corporate all the time. I hope we get them sooner then later
    Its definitely nasty out there today. UPS delivered my 8900 late morning earlier today, so hopefully yours will show up. Its mostly raining now, so I don't see why they wouldn't deliver it.

Its cool that there are a few of us PinStack users and 8900 owners living in the same area code!

I hope you get your 8900 today!

Congrats Icaro, it seems like yesterday when we were chatting about your new 8120 and picking out colored skins. Hope you take care of this one better than your last...lol

Quote Originally Posted by icaro2000 View Post
    Its definitely nasty out there today. UPS delivered my 8900 late morning earlier today, so hopefully yours will show up. Its mostly raining now, so I don't see why they wouldn't deliver it.

Its cool that there are a few of us PinStack users and 8900 owners living in the same area code!

I hope you get your 8900 today!

It got here at 3:35 lol Im juiced it's charging on my pc right now! It's really gorgeous like it's mama It really pays to have a Microfiber cloth to keep it shiny and happy

PIN/ID
    Ask me!

pdxmatts- That's great news that you will be getting a better than full discount upgrade price! I would probably wait myself if the price was significantly lower than the 199.99 (after $100 rebate) price a lot of us pre-release owners got.

If you would still prefer getting one earlier than that, then I would keep calling back until you can get it ordered and shipped at the 199.99 (after $100 mail-in rebate) deal.

Either way, you should be PSYCHED because this phone is looking real nice. I think the 8900 looks to be many steps ahead of the pearl 8120 and the older curve in build quality and construction. Very classy.

Oh Man, you guys are so lucky. I'm not sure why I can't get TMO to send me one early. They all say it's not possible. But, here you are with a new 8900.. Hhmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Let us know how you like it..

Awww I'm sorry I called at 5am East Coast time and she was really nice. Now I can only imagine how much my phone bill will be lol Thank God for Income Taxes.

I hope that you get your phone soon.......