Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Got mine a few hours ago. Lovin it.... BlackBerry Curve forum

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro

Advertisement

Got mine a few hours ago. Lovin it.

s4berry no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by pac10dawgs View Post
    Just finished unwrapping my new 8900. This phone is sweet! A big step up from my 8100.

dang, now I can't wait to get mine. I'm replacing my 8100 too. I keep playing with my wife's 8320 (I got it for her for Christmas - sadly she didn't want to wait for the 8900 launch). And I'm now getting a bit tired of SureType.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ssnxp View Post
    Hey ssnxp. I expect a review from you.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    Hey ssnxp. I expect a review from you.
    listen to the new podcast

Quote Originally Posted by ssnxp View Post
    3rd time calling TMO to get the phone. No go! They just won't let me have it early and when I told them that others were getting it, they said only business customers are getting it early. Plus, they are giving me a hassle about upgrading early. One rep qouted me 429.00. I don't think so. Not sure if I'll be able to get one. I'm bummed.

To those who got it early, was it for a new line or you have a business account?

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5
    for me it was an upgrade on one of my 3 lines--- and is just a personal account with a corporate discount..
    Phone: T-Mo S4- Stock-Rooted

[Former]
    Device: T-Mobile S3
    Device: HTC Amaze 4G
    Device: HTC Vision (T-Mobile G2)
    Device: BlackBerry (9700, 8900,8320,8120,8100)

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no
    neither.

regular customer of 2 (going on 3) yrs. my contract was up since sept. called in and the first 2 times it was a no go. 3rd time she at first said no but checked with her supervisor who said she could take a "pre-order". she put my order through and said it would be going out after feb 11th launch date. (I called in today *ordered on saturday* and rep checked and said it was set to be delivered between the 28th and the 3rd).

my thoughts as to why some (non-business) customers are getting early and others aren't is due to Tmo deciding that business customers would be allowed early ordering. since some of the call centers also handle business customers (not all call centers do), their systems probably allow them to run the upgrade and (unknowingly) some reps are selecting it without realizing the early ordering is meant only for business. now that word has gotten out all over the net about the mixup, tmo has probably been sealing up the leak and so its harder now to find an unknowing rep compared to a few days ago.

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    3rd time calling TMO to get the phone. No go! They just won't let me have it early and when I told them that others were getting it, they said only business customers are getting it early. Plus, they are giving me a hassle about upgrading early. One rep qouted me 429.00. I don't think so. Not sure if I'll be able to get one. I'm bummed.

To those who got it early, was it for a new line or you have a business account?
    I have no business account at all. The first time, I was turned down; so I know for a fact that I shouldn't have gotten it early. Keep trying!

And I'll post a quick review of my thoughts in a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by SeRViiCiiO View Post
    for me it was an upgrade on one of my 3 lines--- and is just a personal account with a corporate discount..
    I also have a personal account with a corporate discount and have been with TMO since 2003. The first rep said sure you have a business account and transferred me and the next rep said NO you are not a business account and would not even let me pre order. I guess I'll keep trying.

BTW, can I ask how much you guy's had to pay? One rep told me she couldn't see how much it was for new customers. But the first rep I got had no problem telling me that retail was $499.00.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    BTW, can I ask how much you guy's had to pay? One rep told me she couldn't see how much it was for new customers. But the first rep I got had no problem telling me that retail was $499.00.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    My best friend just received his yesterday. He paid $199 upgrade price. They quoted him $349 as their full price.

~via Android Powered Agora Pro ~

Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    My best friend just received his yesterday. He paid $199 upgrade price. They quoted him $349 as their full price.

Thanks Archer. Obviously the reps that I've been getting are clueless. Did you get an Agora Pro? I thought they had a delay on those. Do tell...

Thanks Archer. Obviously the reps that I've been getting are clueless. Did you get an Agora Pro? I thought they had a delay on those. Do tell...
    Yes I have one. I'm operating under an NDA so I cannot share more just yet. However after reading the "in your face" arrogant position of RIM as posted here yesterday, I've scrapped my BlackBerry and moved forward to enjoy a BlackBerry free mobile communications experience. The Android platform is now serving me well as my main device.

icaro2000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    The inconsistency with upgrade pricing and extension plans (which are mentioned by customer service and customer care representatives) offered to a diverse range of people with varying lengths of time spent as T-mobile customers, is truly a strange thing to behold.

My first call was a no-go. I had a plan to use the iphone and the idea of switching to at&t as a threat to leave t-mobile unless i get the best possible deal on the 8900. This is basically what I did last spring to get the pearl 8120, and it worked successfully. This time for whatever reasons, I do not think T-mobile was buying my story. I got a representative that told me I could get it for 299.00 with a 3 year contract and that there was NO mail-in rebate as of yet. This rep connected me to The Customer Loyalty Dept. or Customer Care. The Lady there was polite but firm in that the 8900 was only availble for business customers, and will not be availble until the 11th of Feb. She also quoted me the 429.00 price and said that was also AFTER my 70 dollar PARTIAL upgrade discount w/3 year extension (yeah right, like I would even consider that BS). She too, said there was no mail-in rebate.

On my second call, the rep quoted me a price that included my 70 dollar partial upgrade discount, and 3/yr extension for 329.00 (before taxes and applicable fees). I mention the lady that originally quoted me the 299.00 price. This new Rep told me that they could honor whatever price a previous rep might have told me, but she needed to connect me to customer care first. (I was still trying to play the iphone card...still no success) Once I got to customer care another lady gave me the run-around, did some minor "researching" and looking into some "channels", and then returns to tell me that The phone is available for pre-order, but will not be released until the 11th. She also said no mail-in rebate, and quoted me the 429.00 price (after partial 70 upgrade discount).

Called a third time, Same thing all over again. Higher prices, little or no upgrade discount, 3 year extension contract, feb 11th, business customers only....
    This time the Customer Care Rep was short, and rude with me. He was all about the 11th no questions asked. I got of the phone with him quickly.

Frustrated, I waited about an hour to try one last time. This time I decided not to mention at&t or the iphone. I also talked very politely and friendly with the girl. Another thing I forgot to mention, is that I was trying to get a lower price than the 299.00 before mail-in rebate price. I was hoping to get it for around 100-150 with a one to two year extended contract. This time around I decided to shoot for the 299.00 price plus 100 dollar rebate instead of trying to get it for cheaper. This fourth CS rep was very nice, but quoted me one of the same lame offers as before. I mention how I was already offered the 299.00 price twice earliy that day. She connected me a CC rep. Within 3 minutes the CC rep found out they had it in and ready to ship, but that it was for business account only. She put me on hold to see if she could go through some "channels" and work something out. 2 minutes later she returned and told me that she could ship the 8900 to me, that it would be for 299.00 plus the 100 dollar mail-in rebate, and that it would come to a total of approximately 315.00 with free shipping. I placed the order, and now if I'm lucky it will show up today (which is a day earlier than the UPS tracking site says it is scheduled for).

It was just strange and a little weird how I got so many different and similar responses which all seemed orchestrated and almost recited from a written script. I got a no, no, no, and then I got a big GO! from out of nowhere it seemed. I din't even have to do any explaining or bullshitting on my 4th call. It was as if I said all the right words, or most likely, non of the wrong words when I successfully placed the order for the 8900.

Sorry for the long winded post. I just wanted to describe in detail how it occured successfully for me. I hope my experience can be helpful to some who might still be trying to aqcuire the 8900 from t-mobile before the official release date.

Quote Originally Posted by icaro2000 View Post
    The inconsistency with upgrade pricing and extension plans (which are mentioned by customer service and customer care representatives) offered to a diverse range of people with varying lengths of time spent as T-mobile customers, is truly a strange thing to behold.

My first call was a no-go. I had a plan to use the iphone and the idea of switching to at&t as a threat to leave t-mobile unless i get the best possible deal on the 8900. This is basically what I did last spring to get the pearl 8120, and it worked successfully. This time for whatever reasons, I do not think T-mobile was buying my story. I got a representative that told me I could get it for 299.00 with a 3 year contract and that there was NO mail-in rebate as of yet. This rep connected me to The Customer Loyalty Dept. or Customer Care. The Lady there was polite but firm in that the 8900 was only availble for business customers, and will not be availble until the 11th of Feb. She also quoted me the 429.00 price and said that was also AFTER my 70 dollar PARTIAL upgrade discount w/3 year extension (yeah right, like I would even consider that BS). She too, said there was no mail-in rebate.

On my second call, the rep quoted me a price that included my 70 dollar partial upgrade discount, and 3/yr extension for 329.00 (before taxes and applicable fees). I mention the lady that originally quoted me the 299.00 price. This new Rep told me that they could honor whatever price a previous rep might have told me, but she needed to connect me to customer care first. (I was still trying to play the iphone card...still no success) Once I got to customer care another lady gave me the run-around, did some minor "researching" and looking into some "channels", and then returns to tell me that The phone is available for pre-order, but will not be released until the 11th. She also said no mail-in rebate, and quoted me the 429.00 price (after partial 70 upgrade discount).

Called a third time, Same thing all over again. Higher prices, little or no upgrade discount, 3 year extension contract, feb 11th, business customers only....
    This time the Customer Care Rep was short, and rude with me. He was all about the 11th no questions asked. I got of the phone with him quickly.

Frustrated, I waited about an hour to try one last time. This time I decided not to mention at&t or the iphone. I also talked very politely and friendly with the girl. Another thing I forgot to mention, is that I was trying to get a lower price than the 299.00 before mail-in rebate price. I was hoping to get it for around 100-150 with a one to two year extended contract. This time around I decided to shoot for the 299.00 price plus 100 dollar rebate instead of trying to get it for cheaper. This fourth CS rep was very nice, but quoted me one of the same lame offers as before. I mention how I was already offered the 299.00 price twice earliy that day. She connected me a CC rep. Within 3 minutes the CC rep found out they had it in and ready to ship, but that it was for business account only. She put me on hold to see if she could go through some "channels" and work something out. 2 minutes later she returned and told me that she could ship the 8900 to me, that it would be for 299.00 plus the 100 dollar mail-in rebate, and that it would come to a total of approximately 315.00 with free shipping. I placed the order, and now if I'm lucky it will show up today (which is a day earlier than the UPS tracking site says it is scheduled for).

It was just strange and a little weird how I got so many different and similar responses which all seemed orchestrated and almost recited from a written script. I got a no, no, no, and then I got a big GO! from out of nowhere it seemed. I din't even have to do any explaining or bullshitting on my 4th call. It was as if I said all the right words, or most likely, non of the wrong words when I successfully placed the order for the 8900.

Sorry for the long winded post. I just wanted to describe in detail how it occured successfully for me. I hope my experience can be helpful to some who might still be trying to aqcuire the 8900 from t-mobile before the official release date.
    I enjoyed your excellent detailed post, which is certain to be helpful to others. Nice Work!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast